How to charge totem

Hi all
I’m new to the game and still on my first world. I’ve read that one needs to charge to totem and target other planets in order to travel there. Apparently I need to find gold first. Although I’ve discovered some silver I have not aquired any gold but I guess it is more difficult to find (any hints where to find it?)

And how to I proceed if I have found gold? Do I need to craft the totem in a machine?

Moreover I didn’t find any gems yet, are they especially rare?

Sorry if the questions have already been answered but I didn’t discover it in this forum. Any help is appreciated!

Check this guide: Warp Guide (Release 144+)

2 Likes

takes awhile to get the warp upgrade as you need quite a few machines,powercore etc.

iirc gems cant be found on the starter planet.

Thank you for your answers. I managed to complete my machines meantime. I also managed to find my first gold vein, however more is required. I wonder if all surface veins have been captured by other players. How frequently are world regenerations performed now?

Roughly 24 hours seems to trigger regeneration. Surface veins are exceptionally rare anyway, find a large vein of coal and follow it. You would be surprised what sorts of goodies you might uncover.

4 Likes

Hey, is this coal you’re talking about “soft coal” or legit “coal”?

soft/med coal generally has lead me to gold

Coal in general. It’s not 100% by any means, but it does seem to significantly raise your chances.