How to create and manage a huge combustion / kindling farm?

I will have to count them , I totally lost track lol.

Amazing work, I know first hand hard it is to get to that point and it’s not easy. It’s tasking never ending work and on top of that the place looks amazing. I have some questions. How long does it take you to harvest and replant and what kind of cycle are you on? It takes me 45 min to harvest and seed and I’m on a 8 day cycle and I’m wondering what’s it’s like for you. Also are you and PS4 or PC?

2 Likes

This is great, but (purely out of curiosity) what are the products of these farms useful for?

Making concrete. There may be other recipes, but concrete is probably the main one.

2 Likes

That is a fantastic idea, I am always running off course lol.

1 Like

Cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t read through all of this, but what is the minimum time until harvest for max return? Thanks.

Seeing you do this would be a great video. :grinning:

You mean how Long so you will have the max from yielding ? If yes i do harvest every 6th or 7th day a field in that Case i ve the 53 % i ve mentioned.
Greetings

For farming and using a megafast potion, I spec attribute points as follows 3 Control, 8 Dexterity, 1 in Agility, 8 in Zeal and 3 in Attribute bonus. For seed placement (using both hands) this will allow you to constantly seed and walk without missing a seed (the only time you may miss is when both hands go from zero to 100 simultaneously). The 8 points in zeal will make your potion last longer, depending on farm set-up you should be able to seed 4500-5000 seeds per potion.

If anyone else has a spec that’s faster let me know :wink:

1 Like

This is my spec for collecting the crops and I can do it running (separate skill page)

This is my spec for seeding with mega fast brew while walking (separate skill page)

Regards,

1 Like

looks slower for seeding, you get faster walking by putting 1 point into agility rather than 2 into Attribute bonus. I find its a balancing act and have had to tweak a little - even increasing attribute bonus by 1 (to 4) when you have 1 in agility will increase your walk speed too much, causing periodic missed seeds.

For planting seeds, I just forge the tiller with AOE 4 and load seeds into it. Doesn’t everyone do this? :wink:

4 Likes

We can dream lol .

2 Likes

These work very well for harvesting , no broken blocks and I’ve worn out a couple already .

1 Like

Yeah luckily once the gravel is compacted it’s a hammer block, so you get to add the “wrong tool” penalty to the loss of damage in the forge for a shovel or an axe.

I use topaz AOE axes. Never broke gleam or gravel with it. I can use it to harvest while running without missing plants (I still miss the ones in “low” growth stage if in middle)

Regards,

Yer a mad man, bones

2 Likes

I literally JUST realized those are my shovels in the pic :rofl:

2 Likes

I have my farm setup 1800 blocks long so it is easier to farm by:

• planting-
    holding down both hands while holding a stack of seeds for a straight 1800 block stretch
    (Crouch or walk / run with speed brew and high action speed)

• harvesting-
    My farm is on a T4 and i use T1 aoe tools (shovel / axe)
    Just walk the middle of the field all the way down.

Good tip for making this seemingly effortless is pulling up the debug menu and getting your character as straight as possible so you dont veer left / right.

I have 6/12 fields planted ATM (6 below 6 above) and only farm when i need to because i get enough crop in return even though it is a seed farm.

3 Likes