How to find mobs to kill?

So I am having trouble finding mobs to kill…

I have spent hours wandering around and seen none. The highest level I have seen is level 2. I have only seen Wildstock and Spitters.

How do I find mobs better? Where do they tend to spawn? Where do I find higher level ones?

2 Likes

I’m guessing you are on one of the “starter” planets since there are lower-level mobs around.

To find stronger mobs, you have to try and travel to a different planet/moon/thing. Here is a post that may help you find which place you need to travel to.

Planets, Planets, Planets (Part 2)

1 Like

You can unlock an upgrade to the compass that will show mobs on your compass bar. Also, the starter planets tend to only have lvl 1-2 spitters and goats. You will find tougher enemies and greater variety on moon worlds, and the toughest enemies on ring worlds. Mobs go up to lvl 5, and you will encounter cuttletrunks and hoppers and road runners on higher tier worlds. Elemental varients exist as well.

Additionally more mob varieties are in the pipeline such as the Hunter (Haunter, as I prefer to call it) and the ground basher and block parasite. Titans and titan guardian’s and titan drones have been loosely hinted at as antagonist mobs that are likely being hidden until later.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my low char, but they tend to flock around you when mining or building.
Curious little critters.

1 Like

Haha yeah, funniest part is that they always show up when you don’t want to hunt :grin: my recommendation to everyone would be to multitask, mob spawning is not yet at its best, so maybe pillage some graves for blue gleam or shrines for compact peat/lanterns while waiting for mobs.