How to get gleam to shine through blocks?

What’s the trick to getting gleam light to shine through blocks? I’ve seen some buildings where gleam light is shining through blocks without the gleam being exposed and I can’t seem to figure it out lol.

1 Like
3 Likes

Light Museum at the portal seekers head planet has a demo area.

3 Likes

Chisel the back of the block. Side facing gleam.

3 Likes

Will give it a try. Thanks for sharing :grin:.

Iconic guild hall windows use the method. You may need to test. I believe the gleam is in the floor and I chiseled the block in front of the gleam in the floor with bevel. Then placed the bottom window block on top of that.

Also the taxi in front of my house. Go on top of it there you should be able to see how I made gleam light up the LEDs outside.

I need to check out some of these gleam tutorial rooms. I’ve been doing my floor with 2-4 gleam below. Slope chiseled inward from the top. Place floor blocks on top. Gold bevel chisel one bottom corner. Then the opposing top corner.

My floor will have the small diamond shaped indents but it kind of makes a nice decorative effect in addition to the gleam glow from below.

Ohhh, this isn’t working for me. I placed white gleam behind machined iron and get nothing. Tried behind refined rock as well. Does this only work will non-fancy blocks?

I think it works best with light colored blocks. Not sure about dark colors as i’ve never tried. Also which method did you use? I’ve found this one on the right side to work best for me

4 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone!

The only thing I’m still not sure about is how to do this on a flat surface like the flooring without having to have beveled spots on the floor.

Where can I find the Light Museum? I went to Grovidias Te but I’m not sure where to head.

Go south westt of PS hub in the city you will see a black and red building, named Lighting School.

Edit: its south west @Arkanjel

1 Like

Thanks lol I was going SE and was like ??? am I blind.