How to make Regen Farms 'better'?

1. optimization for aoe use
  2. Sized so that any given pie 45mins allows you sufficient time to dump mats and clear the full farm.
  3. Ideally regen bomb X 1 from a fixed position.
    4.some indication when you are nearing the end of the run.
  4. If public nearby plottable areas or permed storage for dumping mats.

@Mayumichi farm hub basically nailed it :muscle:.

3 Likes

Inspirational messages on the walls.

Regen farming is so boring

Maybe stuff like “just one more stack!” or “you’re doing a really good job” or “your hair looks great today”

10 Likes

I like farms which have few blocks of air between edges of farmed material and walls - this saves me some tool durability at the end of each row.

Regards,

4 Likes

Try farming without pants.

2 Likes

Haven’t worn pants since March my guy

5 Likes

We designed our farms the way we would like to see a farm if we went to it.

Shameless plug :rofl:

8 Likes

Was wondering when I’d see your comment here lol

1 Like

Your farms lack inspirational messages but I still like them

Especially sponge blob

I’m going to do my best to implement your suggestions in my sand farm. I’ll share when it’s ready.

1 Like

Wow such kind words, that kinda hurt honestly. Thanks.

Bob’s Farms is the message and it was extremely inspirational to me. Alot people have told me so as well.

3 Likes

Having request baskets to dump stuff that might accidentally wind up in inventory is nice. For instance, at a foliage farm there can sometimes be the odd lamella or orb that drops from things growing on the surface.

Also if possible, you might like to make the ceiling high enough that you can’t accidentally push yourself outside the ceiling when you regen. Outdoor access can be useful but there’s less time lost (and risk of death) if you don’t wind up outside in the first place.

2 Likes

I’m not sure this is possible. I think regen always pushes you to the top, so if there is a ceiling, you have to stand outside and throw the bomb in. At least from what I can tell.

if a block appears in the same space as the player, player is moved directly above the highest solid block or mesh

1 Like

Do you happen to know what causes horizontal movement on regen? My vertical wood regen farm pushes sideways before you get to the top for some reason.

I’m not sure about how precise your theory may be. I’ve tried to regen myself from mantle up to the top of a mountain and wound up in a cave partway up. and i have a regen farm where i just plotted upwards to leave a large pace very clear before putting a ceiling at the top. and when i regen there, i wind up inside my plotted area, on top of the unplotted farming spot, and still under my ceiling. also sometimes if you regen it moves you sideways instead of up.

I thought regen will pop you into the first warp accessible space (3-4 blocks high) above you?

1 Like

That was changed to in front of you. I read somewhere in the forum about it.

Regards,

I could be entirely wrong of course, thought it does the same thing as when a block appears in your face (the Ovis elevator (for which this is the rule (+ additional condition: it has to be impossible to freely move sideways)))

1 Like

All great insights, cheers all :slight_smile:

@apt yeh you’re right, I believe the rule is (according to my bumper) if you can’t be moved 2 blocks clear horizontally or vertically, you’ll be bumper directly to the top. Some designs in testing did move me sideways a block or two, but that was prevented by just adding a block in that area

I also doubt the rule is different for regening compared to my surface bumper

1 Like

Ovis, related to your bumper, I have had gleam from underwater formations that I was hitting not only teleport to the surface but a platform above the water gleam spot at 255. Maybe future idea for ya.

1 Like