How to redeem fuel to apply to locked sovereign

Does anyone know how to redeem a fuel key to apply it to a locked sovereign world? I didn’t realize I was as close to the sovereign fuel running out and now it’s locked. Wanted to add more fuel this morning but I can’t redeem the key, I guess because it thinks I have no active sovereigns?

On PS5 if it matters. I can email support but thought I’d start here in case I’m just being oblivious.

I am unsure of the menus for PS5 but the main menu…that has character select, return to sanctum, has a shop menu. Select that then redeem up at far right. Add the code there, then it will give you a pull down menu to select which planet toapply code to.

Hmm ok that’s what I did, it won’t let me do that so I’ll go ahead and email support.

1 Like

Is it locked or did it fully expire? Is it still on your list of worlds?

I think this case is why James created this thread [REMINDER] Extend or Remove Sovereign and Creative worlds! .

For players whose planet either needs to be fully removed (so that all beacons return to everyone) or for those that want to apply fuel after their planet enters the 2 week locked phase. It does require dev intervention once it becomes locked. support@playboundless.com

I haven’t had a locked planet for awhile, though I thught you could still unlock it during the two weeks it goes ‘locked’ then it goes permanently bye bye after that?

1 Like

I think there was a post where people mentioned the time it took for their planets to be fully removed - it seemed to be inconsistent. I know you get indicators in your menu before it expires is locked. I don’t think an expired locked planet shows up in your worlds menu once it expires.

I’m not sure if it will show up if you enter a fuel key before it’s completely deleted, after expiring being locked. (update: see comments below…it does)

Planet that will expire & be locked in 6 hours:

Ya it caught me by surprise. I logged on 2-3 days ago before I had a weekend away and didn’t see any exclamation or warning, but I could easily have missed it. I think I last fueled in December so it’s about the right time, just wasn’t paying attention!

I emailed support, thanks everyone for the insights! Hopefully support can sort it out.

2 Likes

correct, after its locked you have 2 weeks to re-activate the world, after the 2 weeks it will be gone forever and not show up in your world list anymore

1 Like

you might confuse people here xD

if you want your planet locked when it has time left YES then a dev is needed to lock it, this cannot be done by yourself unless you make the planet run out of fuel.

removing beacons on a locked planet (2 week lock status) can be done by the planet owner itself
and adding fuel to a locked (2 week lock status) planet can also be done by the planet owner

after the 2 weeks lock status your planet is gone forever! not even a dev will be able to return your planet

If it does turn out to be past the two week lock, then it’s likely gone forever but think of it as a fresh start! Make a new planet, tweak a few biomes, starting over can be both overwhelming and fun! Your stuff is safe in reclaim at least. The holidays are pretty crazy and the ! mark isn’t super obvious. And if it’s not a planet you regualry visit you might not crash into a ‘planet is locked’ screen as a home base type planet, you’re at every day.

2 Likes

There have been instances where players could not access their beacons bc they were on a locked sovereign.

When a planet goes into the locked phase for 2 weeks, they need to request that it be removed (if they aren’t planning to re-fuel) if they want everyone’s beacons to be returned asap.

I see no reason a player would request that their planet be locked.

After the locked phase, a planet cannot be retrieved and is gone forever, as Host mentioned.

2 Likes

maybe for some instances but technically its reclaimable

We might be crashing into a termonology issue here. Locked and expired.
What I thought (which is worth the paper it’s printed on lolol), is you have an active planet, then a planet with an ! which is saying hey hey hey, I’m gonna run out of fuel phase. The clock ticks down as you note on your screenshot. Then it goes to locked…a NEW countdown starts for two weeks. You can’t visit the planet, and i think it doens’t even show up on the sanctum, thugh I"m unsure of that. I call that LOCKED. Fuel can be added at this stage to bring it back to life.
Then, after the (second two week) timer expires and the planet EXPIRES and dies and can’t be fueled and as far as I know, no dev intervention can bring it back as the data is now gone.
So, one month of fuel, two weeks of locked then expired. That’s my sad and possibly pitiful interpretation of the rules.
I had thought James was offering to remove planets people KNEW they weren’t going to keep to 1. free up the data storage of that planet and give people their plots back. We did so much playing back at first :wink:

2 Likes

Confirmed that you can apply fuel to a locked world from your menu. If it’s not there, it’s fully gone/expired.

currently waiting on a beacon to reclaim due to this on a sov i let go(still in its 2 week locked phase) but not worried its just a world control and conduit on the beacon lol

1 Like

Ok friends, got the answer and sharing here in case anyone is interested.

I purchased a new planet instead of the lesser world fuel by accident. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2: I saw 9.99 and my brain didn’t fire on all cylinders. That’s what I get for trying to function at 6:30am in a panic over my expired planet lol!

Thanks everyone and this thread can be closed!

5 Likes

glad its resolved!, its not your fault the shop page needs a little rework, and the google forms need some things removed

1 Like

This is what i thought you had done. I have done it at least 3 times and know many others that have. I think they need to put the FUELS at the top of the page. If you buy fuel by accident you can at least use it on a planet you already have the planet you are ordering. It would save them several support tickets as well I would expect.

3 Likes

Closed at the request of the OP.