How to remove rain and fog

Thanks Jiivita I’ll check the jsons.

All the problems I’m having in the game are related to weather, I think we should be able to adjust it in game settings.

I am building a new base in trung (moving there to have better connection, I was in Tana and lately I get a lot of game unplayable messages) and while being inside my base I see the fog, it’s very irritating.
The base it’s complety enclosed, all windows has glass planes, roof with glass and I am using ornate wood doors that got some holes in it’s design but that shoudn’t let the fog enter the home.
Weather shoudn’t work this way, even if it’s rainig outside, or there is fog, or whatever, if I am inside my home and the door is closed I shoudn’t see any weather effect.

2 Likes

Just took a screenshot to let you see what I’m talking about.

1 Like

There have been many threads about it - I believe they are looking at changing it soon. There are json files under “assets” that could be tweaked, but there are no settings for it in-game yet.

2 Likes

they did some changes on test version but it’s not better

4 Likes

Welcome to Trung! Where abouts are you located? Near Nova Golda?

1 Like

Thanks!

Yes I am near, about 900m heading SW, in the middle of a swamp area between two spicy area spawns. I like farming them, and this way I just have to get out of my house to grab some :slight_smile:

3 Likes

By the way, I’ve been trying different values in the weather json files.
I’ve changed a lot of lines refering to rain, fog and mist. It seems to have improved a bit. This screen was taken during a heavy rain like the previous one.

3 Likes

Found some more great “clear” shots today:

These were sandstorms or something.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ps4 player never could remove the foliage so the pc players had an advantage so i think it was a good thing for the devs to remove that setting

would be nice to see settings tab of ps4… just out of curiousity.

Here you go Buugi some pics of the settings on ps4

We have like 10% of the options PC players have. I presume it’s part of their Sony contract. But it would be nice to at least know the reason, so we can stop asking.

Could it be that when it comes to ps there just so much you can do with it… meaning specs etc?

Well of course it would be possible to add more settings to dial things down, power would not be a reason to add that or not.

But consoles are all about creating an equal experience for players and having a ton of settings to change graphical features means that not everyone has an equal experience anymore. I think that is the reason why Sony is against such settings…

So it’s definitely a Sony thing? Or you’re guessing

That’s a guess yes, to simplify and make the experience equal.

Though releasing a Pro made that a tad weird. Also I don’t believe Xbox and Nintendo consoles have these type of settings either…

1 Like

I always figured it was a cultural choice by the devs (in this and in other games), thinking that console players don’t want more settings.

They’re wrong. We want more settings.

Its most likely a Sony thing they are the reason ps4 player dont have the debug menu that pc players use

That is correct about the debug menu that doesn’t necessarily mean that everything that’s different on the PS4 is because of Sony’s doing…