How to start Oort and Worldbuilder at the same time?

Hey Guys,
I want to test the new feature of the World Builder to play the World while editing it.
So here comes my problem wenn i start Oort and want to start the World Builder Stream says the Game is already running. Is there a walk around or is this somthing the devs must do?

thanks for help! :smile:

Steam won’t allow you to run the game and the editor at the same time. However, you can run the game from Steam and the editor by double-clicking the “mave.exe” file directly in the “mave” folder in the main “Oort Online” folder. On my Windows machine, the mave executable is located here:

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oort Online\mave"

• Start the game in Steam and keep it running (in a window, not full-screen)
  • Double-click the “mave.exe” file and use the editor
  • When you want to play test a world, click one of the new eyeball icons to the right of the visualization eyeball icons in the Generator element. This will start a local Oort Online server and generate your world.

• Then teleport to a world in-game and change the Universe (at the top of the server window) to “Builder.” The world hosted locally is called “Final.”

Hope this helps.

6 Likes

Thanks!
It works perfectly now thank you a lot! :+1:

This just helped me immensely, mid-recording a video. Thankyou @bigPharma!

2 Likes

@Squidgy - looking forward to your vids on the new release. :smile:

4 Likes

Can anyone tell me how to do this on a Mac?

Yep! /Users/ YourUserHere /Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Oort Online/mave

Open a Terminal window and you need to try:

Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Oort\ Online/mave/mave

(The escaped spaces with a back slash are essential.)

Great thanks!