How to travel to an exo planet?

Hey all. It’s the dude with a thousand questions. I’vie got a character that’s close to 50 and in one post some folks mention going to exo planet Umbris. So… kinda nervous but how do I do it on the simple side?

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll be back with plenty of duh…

6 Likes

Check the post of the EXO planet on the forum there are a couple of people who get location tokens, also you can find the closest planet there too.

If you get a token, go to the closest planet and just warp to the location the token granted you.

Option 2 is to get a warp augment in your totem and from the closest planet to the EXO try to catch a location, then just warp to it.

The other option is to join the EXO guild you can find the book at the shuttle on tana behind the TNT portal, we always offer free taxis to the exos

You also need to max the protection points for the exos atmosphere type.

3 Likes

You can:

1. Meet up with a group that does free taxis to Exos. They’ll open a portal for you.

2. Take a totem, place a warp augment on it, go to the permanent planet that is closest to the new exo, watch for it in the sky and zap it with the totem. Then go to the sanctum, to the warp conduits on the right side, select the Exo from “locations” and warp there. It will cost you 1500-3400c each time you use this method. Exo info can be found on the forums here https://forum.playboundless.com/c/creations/exoworlds

In the 1st 60 seconds of this video, it shows me going to the planet closest to the current Exo, spotting it in the sky, zapping it with my totem, and warping there from the sanctum. https://youtu.be/VCWvQCvzx68

I’d be happy to come help you get to the current Exo.

1 Like

Also have in mind that you will need t7 tools to make it easier to break blocks there, and mobs are way stronger than in any other planet.

2 Likes

Happy to try to help with any questions! :slight_smile: With exos, first thing to be sure is to have the proper atmospheric protection - for a T7 you’ll need all the points in the appropriate one. Also consider the protection for the planets getting to the closest one which you’ll warp from. It isn’t necessary but on my mains that I take to them, I keep full points in the protections at all times, and all the points in the warp skill, on my first skill page. I just find it simpler to do that.

Mining is pretty safe and very profitable - there are stations for the Exo Shuttle Guild on Biitula, above the Hunt Hive, and on Tana VII by the Legendville Mall portal row. In those, you’ll usually find tokens for current exos. That might be a good way to go if you want to try the current one - grab some tokens for the mines that are there (keep in mind the Umbris has been pretty hard hit now, but there is still plenty to be gotten!). Unless someone goes and regen bombs them on me (has happened, grr, lol :frowning: ) they’ll take you right into hotspots, no mob worries. :slight_smile: Using the token (put it in one of your hands then hold it for a couple seconds) will save the location to your list.

I try to do at least one free trip - often call them Taxis here - for every Exo. Mine - and you’ll see these in the Community Chat channel under the names Paka and Rebecca - I’ll offer from the TNT planetary hubs on the closest world to the exo. I usually wait 10-15 min, if coming to one and think you’ll be late, just shoot me a message, will wait unless I have to suddenly bail (or connection drops). :smiley: Also, if in need, don’t have coin, you can always ask for one there too - no guarantee of course, but there are others I know who also will give rides. If I’m playing and not zoned out so miss it, I’ll sometimes offer one after I see requests.

The mobs are definitely tougher on T7s, yikes, lol! Also, keep in mind that in the last hour or so of an exo, atmosphere will become even more deadly.

Exos are awesome, always top priority for me - always something new to see, and they are great for collecting, mining, ect. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll upload a screenshot too here, of useful info that is in the Tana VII Exo Shuttle Station. :slight_smile: This shows how the different major portal networks (PS, TNT, ect) are mapped out for the high level worlds - the paths you have to take to get to a given planet.

Also shows the altitude gems are found - note on the Umbris there: can go higher than 170, I could be wrong but it seems to me that the thickest areas are correlated to depth from the surface, and if you have really high mountains (not the case on current one) can get good areas high as up around 200.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’m most familiar with TNT, and just started peeking into to other networks so this is very handy!

1 Like