How will PC Players Communicate to PS4 Players?

@anon42939288 True, the easiest way would be if there was an AoE voice chat included with the game. It is planned I believe. Until then, the cellphone discord isn’t that bad of an app. If you are connected to wifi it doesn’t use any of your plan data, and actually sounds quite good. Yes, you need a cellphone, It seems more like they were asking the easiest way to communicate available to them right now at this point in the game. Not what would hypothetically be the best solution.

Also, a very nice addition to the PS4 controller is a little keyboard you clip on to the bottom of the controller. Its $14 at walmart and Amazon, would make typing in chat MUCH easier than the popup keyboard.

PS4 Clip on Keyboard

1 Like

you make the assumption that everyone has a cell phone - there are still those among us that have land line. Discord chat is a problem for people like me who don’t own a good cellphone. For me to use discord voice, I have to minimize or other wise exit the game screen for the hotkeys for discord press to talk to work. I so miss teamspeak, it worked so well

I think you are a little late on the conversation XD but I am almost 100% sure that there is an option where you do not have to minimize to press to talk. It should work just like teamspeak