How will PC Players Communicate to PS4 Players?

I play on the PC but know some people who will get Boundless on PS4. Since there is no known in-game voice chat, how will PC players be able to communicate to PS4 players besides with a keyboard? The PS4 players would be at a disadvantage trying to communicate with PC players unless they had a keyboard/attachment. Will there be a cross platform in-game voice chat added at some point?

3 Likes

This is a real pain, myself and a buddy have been using skype but it would be nice to have something in game although im not even sure if thats possible.

I agree that this needs to be addressed in some form or fashion. It will be tough to play with them until it is

Especially if your settlement has some goal to work towards too, its going to be awful trying to type paragraphs on a controller compared to a keyboard. The voice chat really needs to be implemented in this game.

use the aquatopia discord on ya phone and boom voicechat and regular chat and no need for mike our headset phones got it build in :smile:
i can provide voice channels on demand if ya want to have a channel just for your own friends

3 Likes

Yeah, I whole heartedly agree. I live with someone who is on ps4 and communications can be a prob

:joy:

11 Likes

Good idea, but i dont think that is a good or reasonable solution for players to have to use their phone for voicechat.

1 Like

true its a quickfix

1 Like

You can type messages on the PS4 press tochpad

Yeah im aware of that, however to have in depth communication to plan things out, that is going to take forever for someone on PS4 to type that out.

1 Like

PC player here, I bumped into a PS4 player earlier, quickly established communications by asking him/her to jump for yes and shake head for no…surprisingly effective!! found out quite a lot.

the forums that you are currently on, Discord?

really, the easiest way is just to join a discord to talk. its free, and they (the ps4 players) can use discord on their cellphone.

1 Like

dont know if this is possible for ps4 but ive been playing a longtime on my tv using this its perfect for this game and ya can lay down in ya couch with this little thing type fast and build precise image

I’m currently playing on a steam controller and I’ve found everything is harder. It’s going to be an adjustment.

1 Like

There are the quick phrases…
Other than that I don’t really know what could be done, it is a console after all

The PS4 can utilize Bluetooth keyboards. It can also use mice.

Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 can be completely played with mouse and keyboard. Game developers need only implement the input methods.

Yes, it would work with PS4. The track pad would even work if the devs allow mouse input.

1 Like

you can buy monitor with HDMI