How will rental planets bring a community together?

download

3 Likes

fixed

I think the theory is that rental planets will bring many new players to the game who otherwise would not have ever purchased the game. Obviously, some of these new players will end up in the online community which will help preserve and or enhance that community. Also, it will create revenue for the company which will help preserve and or enhance the game and community.

4 Likes

As someone who likes to find secluded spots to build in, I look forward to seeing how rentals play out, can see some really immersive builds happening. It is however unlikely that I myself will purchase one due to other commitments, but I can see some of the guilds here going ballistic on their own planets.

2 Likes

I really am not sure. I see getting people to a planet they can not plot to be a challenge. You would either need rare resources or the perfect located planet in the universe.

If resources can be taken from private worlds, I can totally see the benefits of having planets exclusively for mining or hunting on which no one can plot except the renter.
But all in all and as someone who doesn’t really like building big, I’m not too excited about them without more content release. They seem like they’ll just be more of the same old that we have now but emptier.
That said - I’m still getting some.

3 Likes

The old plan was for 2 types of private worlds. Ones that adhere to the “physics” and “rules” of the public universe which will be connected to the public universe. And creative ones where you’re allowed to fly and spawn infinite items which will not be connected to the public universe.

2 Likes

Q: What brings more players into the game?

A: Newer and better content

Q: What creates newer and better content?

A: Devs, and money

Q: What can create a steady stream of money?

A: Rental planets

Even if you don’t get one, you WILL benefit from this in the end.

12 Likes

OH I was so busy Inviting you to join us on Axon Biitula that I totally forgot to answer your questions!! Ooops sorry, I get distracted sometimes lol…but here we go:

Your being alienated by the recent updates is confusing…I would like to know how the most recent updates alienated you sinceThey were mostly quality of life and stability updates??

The second part of your question: The reasoning is planet owners will have more control over who can visit (blacklist but not sure if a whitelist will also be implemented), plot, build, etc on a planet… most of these will be part of the normal universe so no problem in my opinion! It will also provide an additional income stream for Wonderstruck which is of course a good thing!

Hopefully from what I understand the costs will be low enough that maybe you can afford to “be a part of it” if ir is something you wish to do (rent a planet that is)… that being said there will be plenty of us who will still inhabit the “public worlds”… the Nation of Axon Biitula will always be a dominant civilization on our planet…

1 Like

I sent OP a PM with my first response on this thread and have yet to hear back :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here, minutes after this topic was created… just out of curiosity.

No response as of yet.

3 Likes