Huh?

I know footfall has been gimped but wtf is this?

So this is why the economy is struggling. Its you thats hoarding all the footfall riches!!!

3 Likes

If you don’t visit the beacon for a while the footfall starts to decay on it. Not really sure what the dev’s motivation there is :thinking:

3 Likes

This is correct. The reason is to counter players just dropping random plots in cities they only occasionally return to to collect coin. I don’t know the specifics, but it’s a few percent reduced income per day after 7 days or so unvisited? You would have to go a month or longer to get less than 1c.

Edit for clarity in italics

3 Likes

Cool that the coin decays, I thought you just gradually received less per visit. Suppose I should visit my bridge, been a week or two.

This is correct, your rate per visit decays. The coin itself does not evaporate. I’ll edit my post for clarity.

2 Likes

Does the actual beacon Owner need to visit? Or is it sufficient for a character with full permissions to visit? I’m assuming the former since only the own can remove coin, but figured I’d confirm.

1 Like

source: Testing 191: Balance, Fixes and Polish!

5 Likes

It must be the beacon owner. See the post linked by @Simoyd for further details.

For clarity, this is a new build so the beacon itself was only a few hours old. Since it’s not decay that caused it my only other guess is someone stopped by while I was still clearing the area. Whatever the cause I thought it was funny seeing a single coin. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Lol! Must have visited before you had a high enough prestige threshold to gain full credit! Ya tricked me good!

Prestige sucks right now. I don’t even bother to look for it. It kind of pisses me off actually. I think those rules above sound fine, but the 24 day thing and the magnitudes are pretty weak

That’s good to know, I assumed it was actually taking coins away from earned footfall. I’ve been collecting it every chance I get, just in case. But if I’m understanding you, coins banked in the beacon are safe, so I really don’t have to worry about that?

2 Likes

yes this is correct. it just lowers the amount you get. Coin you already have earned stays.

1 Like

The outlined point is so explotive, just dump some gleeem at the outskirts of every hub or town you iuse regulary and reap and unjustified reward…

Only if someone passes through your plots

Its not that you will get footfall from people walking in the settlement, but that it will count you as visiting your own plot if you are in the settlement. That way you still can get footfall if you own a park or something that doesn’t require upkeep on a weekly basis. Like a giant slide or something.

1 Like

Bridges are a decent source of gradual footfall and also appreciated.

2 Likes

Bridges. That has me with a question in a different aspect. There are on a planet I have a small base on that has lots of big holes, some wide and some very deep,. I have wished I could build a bridge across a couple that I almost fell in and probably would die if I do fall.
I know I would have to buy and place plots, and naturally put down a beacon. So, dumb question, but when others cross it I get footfall right? I really don’t want footfall, I just want to keep from falling in, caught myself just in time a few times but know I’m going to get distracted and go boom! Dead.
I know, I’m weird, but to me it just doesn’t feel right to get footfall because someone ran past my base or on a road that I made.

1 Like

Just don’t collect it. I don’t build for prestige or footfall. I use the footfall mechanic to see if others come by. It also lets me know if the servers go down.