Hunter vs Miner vs Crafter

Mining: It’s in perfect state right now
Hunting: Gives too few experience and items.
Crafter: Uh, every miner and hunter can also be a crafter.

How to make classes equal?

In general my idea is to make every class depend on each other. Miners need Hunters and crafers. Hunters need Miners and Crafters. Crafters need Miners and Hunters.

Let’s make a test. Give someone an iron hammer and tell him to run through cave for 30 minutes and mine only ores and coal. Tell him to count XP he earned and count the value of all the items he collected.
Save data

Next, adjust exp earned and value of items dropped from mobs to match miner’s. Make 30 minutes of hunting as effective as 30 minutes of mining.
If it matches, save configuration.

MINERS

Next, as a Miner you need to have some special ability which only miner can have. My suggestion is to add special skill that allows you to mine gems (and not crush them). Only experienced miners will be able to mine gems. And make miners - miners exclusive.

++ As a miner you can sometimes mine rare recipes for specials blocks you can sell to crafters.
++ People need gems to craft gem tools, Hunters need gem slingbows
++ People need components for machines, advanced machines.

– As a miner you’re in constant danger because of the weather, hunters, fall damage etc. You need food, but you can’t kill high level mobs to drop anything better than 150hp cooked meat from low level wildstock
– You can’t craft gem tools because you had to spend points in Gem Mining Mastery
– If you want to mine gems you need mob essence (otherwise hunters will hunt you)
– You’ll probably want a bodyguard if you want to cut down trees/explore caves.

HUNTERS

As a hunter you can drop special blocks fragments which crafters can buy from you and sell full blocks to miners. As a hunter you have to invest all your points into hunting. Mobs are dangerous, weapons are expensive, weather is dangerous and you can’t risk loosing durability. As a hunter you can hunt for special kinds of food which give more health and ocasionally boost to some ability, oort shards, leather for armor. Make hunting - hunter exclusive.

++ People need better food, you can sell rare ingridients for a high price.
++ Sometimes you drop special mob essence, which increase your Shadow Effect by 20m. (Miners need that)
++ People need cool blocks, gleam blocks for their houses (yeah, make gleam obtainable only through hunting)
++ As a hunter you can drop Oil, crafters need them along with spanners to repair their machines.

– As a hunter you need to preprare food for yourself to survive in bad weather condictions.
– As a hunter you can’t mine or dig gems, you have to buy crafted items from crafters.
– You have to hunt, otherwise you will not earn much.

CRAFTERS

Look at crafters. They need both special items and gems to make items, they have to buy them. They can increase stats of slingbows with a special forge and also craft special items for builders. Let crafters earn more experience but increase advanced skills cost. Because crafting is not that much fun as hunting and mining but people need it. Make crafting of Gem+ tier items reserved for crafters only.

++ As a crafter you earn a lot, and spend a lot. You need to advertise, but people will always visit your shop in search for tools, blocks etc.
++ You supply both Hunters and Miners, they need tools, also all people need special blocks.
++ As a crafter you pay less for special blocks if you want to use them for your buildings.

– You must spend most of your skillpoints in crafting tree
– You have to be active
– As a crafter you have to buy pricey oils for your machines.

And so on…

8 Likes

Don’t forget the potential ‘Explorer’. This is really what I’ve been wanting. Reduction in warp crystals/portal costs, both price and mats would be great. There’s monster agro reduction already, grapple mastery is good. Just need those reason to explore!
Some mentioned in another post I made:

5 Likes

Maybe have crafters make like advanced food from ingredients(gotten from a mix of some sort of mining and hunting) that would give bonuses like (increased dmg or xp boost etc.) !!?!?!

1 Like

i like the idea behind this.

However i’m not keen on restricting the players diversity for the need to depend on others, sure added extras from specialization are nice. This makes you feel rewarded for your effort of completing say the Miner / Hunter / Crafter and Explorer skill tree, but locking out content due to players need to specialize, points more at the negative action of his or her decision. i’ll explain.

Player invests points in the Explorer skill tree makes a map from his adventure, its beautiful and easy to read
%100 worth good money. feels rewarded for his efforts.

Player has not invested in the Explorer skill tree and makes a map only a mother could love, hard to read
not worth much coin but still usable. feels he should invest, has the freedom to not without feeling like he is
missing out on content.

So Something like a carrot system to keep players interested without taking away the toys.

3 Likes

Yeah, just like you can currently as @james said somewhere… You can do everything in this game as a solo player, no matter what your skills are. You can still hunt even if you haven’t skilled slingbow mastery or can’t even craft bows. You can buy them from shops. It is harder to do but you can still do it

1 Like