Explorer tree suggestion

Heya,
I mentioned something in Discord, and @Havok40k suggested I post it :slight_smile:

Perhaps a price reduction for using/making portals. I see explorers as the pioneers, heading out to the worlds to find new places for towns/settlements, places that would fit well for certain builds :slightly_smiling_face:
A reduction in costs (which personally would have me wandering a lot more) would be amazing.
Of course this may also require more things for explorers to find out there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’d be nice for explorers to earn money doing their thing. I know in a previous thread @Stretchious had mentioned explorers being able to sell maps with skills enhancing size of sellable maps.
How about a deciphering skill? There could be ancient monuments from the previous residents of the planet and Explorers have the skill to read the inscriptions on them which drops some type of tech they can sell. I see monuments as some kind of platforming challenge - like the colossus from shadow of the colossus style climbing / jumping challenge. Different skills allow you read more complicated inscriptions that drop different levels of tech - maybe the best machines need this tech so explorers are valuable members of the community?

3 Likes

those ideas are really good and i hope they get seen by a dev