Hunting Poll and thoughts

I have never posted a poll before, but I’m genuinely curious about what others think. As a hunt leader I want my hunts to be fun and productive. To me, productive means lots of Oort, creature drops, and Trophies. We’ve been hunting on Xa Frant via platforms for a while now, and I have to be honest, they bore the F-word out of me. The Oort is good, meteors fall, but the warping and waiting is boring to me, as well as costly as a hunt leader. (100x16 platforms plus warping to the Lodge after which is around 1500 coin) Add to the mix NO trophies, which I NEED and have to buy if I don’t get them myself.

So tell me, what kind of hunt do you want as a hunter?

• Platforms are the way
  • OG Running is the way
  • I don’t care, I’ll do either

0 voters

• I’m just here for Oort
  • I NEED trophies and Oort
  • I don’t care I just love hunting

0 voters

I have a planned running route on Serpensarindi, which for me, at least, has been super fun. It’s also been fine for Oort and the trophies have been a huge help to me. We warp back to the starting point which leads to the Hunt Lodge so warping is only 100coin. I have had really good feedback and I’d like to know what you all think.

I know we will continue to use the Xa Frant platforms as they do give great Oort, but I’m really looking to do it different on the days I host. At least to mix it up. :blush:

2 Likes

A friend and I just asked eachother this question… Do creature mats (hopper eyes, Spark Sacs, etc…) drop from all Tier planets?

If not, do you know which ones drop from which tiers? This is what would motivate my hunting on other planets…

edit: Im totally down for mixing it up.

2 Likes

My first hunts were with powerman using platforms I didn’t know there was another way.

Then I found Squatch hunts which are hosted at a better time for me, at the beginning we did platforms too, but eventually switched to running around the planet which is way more interesting tbh. You can get birds on your way and it’s fun to learn to grapple without killing yourself a lot in the process.

6 Likes

The chances for trophies and eyes and guts goes up as the tier increases : ) you’d be lucky to get 1 or 2 trophies on a t3, but you might get 20 hopper cores on a serp hunt :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Also seems like by doing more running hunts we’ve got really good at moving on horrible terrain, last time we did a blink hunt and was amazing.

3 Likes

If its t-4 and under i dont mind running or using the platforms but if its t-5+ id rather run. Would be nice to see more t-5 hunts.

1 Like

Hunting in this game is the most boring activity that I am forced to do, the only reason i hunt is because the price of oort for the amount of time required that oort is way imbalanced.

I really wish gleam club meant that all my portals didnt count down and i only needed to pay the oort cost to open them.

Hunting WAS fun at one point until see the risk vs reward vs time investment is off so its best to just go speed hunt.

3 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately hunting just is. There has been zero effort to make it more fun since launch. I don’t mind hunting, but it’s more chore than fun.

2 Likes