Hunting QoL

Many of us want new hunting content but here I just want to suggest some efficient low-dev-time high-QoL changes. Thanks for reading and voting!

Make all corpses float I personally hate diving to loot. Some corpses already float so why don’t they all?

• Yes I want this
  • Neutral, I’m okay with this but it’s not worth the dev time
  • No I do not want this

0 voters

==========================

Timed Meteor life for critters. When meteor critters get too far from the meteor or live too long, despawn them and maybe respawn them. This is for cliff fights where you have to abandon the meteor to find the critters, or when critters get underground, or when critters glitch themselves into the meteorite core.

• Yes I want this
  • No I do not want this

0 voters

Smoother Spawning. Spawn next wave when there are 2-3 critters left, don’t require 100% completion of previous wave.

• Yes I want this
  • No I do not want this

0 voters

Meteor Trashcan E to interact with meteor and donate unwanted items to it, items are destroyed forever

• Yes I want this
  • No I do not want this

0 voters

Better meteor life Any player with meteor life buff keeps all meteors in the vicinity (100m) alive (for when there are multiple meteors next to each other).

• Yes I want this
  • No I do not want this

0 voters

2 Likes

All great ideas but I think critters already lose meteor life when they go far enough away. Kinda like how a player will abandon when they go far enough away.
I’m not positive on this though… is this the case @Lesioui?

1 Like

I admit I wasn’t sure on this either… but I am also considering cases where critters have gone underground or are otherwise annoying to find. For whatever reason there are often long lulls during some meteors where people are just looking for one last critter. I wrote this forum post during one such long lull LOL

3 Likes

We should have a trash button/option on our character GUI that we can drag & drop stuff into anytime

I was trying to get rid of pink soil yesterday - only wanted to use green soil. I had no tools in my hand and it kept going back into my inventory and would switch out the green in my hand for pink. I kept trying to run off and throw it away and it kept going into my inventory before I could run off. Very frustrating.

And yes, during meteor hunts, you end up with stuff you don’t want (the same thing as above can happen) - or it goes into someone else’s inventory.

7 Likes

100% agree.

Mobs respawn after a few minutes if nobody killed em, I’ve seen goats drag bodies pretty far from the meteor area and I’m pretty sure they respawned because of a timer rather than because they were x meters away from the meteor

And for the floating corpse, I use shotguns from the surface to hit the mobs at the bottom of the water. But floating mobs would be nice… Maybe floating mobs but the loot sink would be better…

2 Likes

Lol why’d u censor your plot count

1 Like

Because. :wink::grin:

I’m surprised, you want the loot to sink?

Yea, would’ve been nice when I was farming gleam or orbs underwater :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like