I am not a master @ the forge but

As the title says i am not a master @ forging but there are some things while forging that don’t make sense.

When i am making a liquid breaker.
As i get the boon I shouldn’t get any boon that conflicts what the liquid boon does.

As the liquid boon removes all DMG it shouldn’t be possible to get a boon that boosts DMG or Critical Chance as they both become a 0 because of the liquid boon.

Also in reverse you shouldn’t get a liquid boon when you have a DMG boon.

Further more when i started forging boon points where balanced. Meaning if i had 3 boons the points would go in 1 of 3 @ random (mostly it looked like it followed order 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3).
Now my last forge batch i gave up after re trying it several times, because the boon points kept going in the last added boon. (10 hits and 10 times points in top boon) every try again and the same.

It can be that it is just me but when i need a tool and a forge boon on it i hate making it as i am spending hours on forging, deconstructing and trying again. Just for one batch.

I know you can place orders @ forgers but still some specifics are a hassle to get.
Example amethyst shovel liquid,3x3, durability.
Don’t need them anymore but we burned trough 4 SS of those.

Eventually it depends on what our forgers say as they are the ones with the most experience in forging.

But i do think the liquid and DMG shouldn’t be possible.

4 Likes

I’m not sure of the exact specifics so this advice may or may not help:

Use your gums when leveling the boons up to target the specific one you are trying to level. I never allow my boons to simply level up at random as I always have a priority order and a boon level for each that I am targeting, over-leveling damage on a hammer for instance is wasteful and could be better spent giving more durability or action speed.

Obviously this is still subject to RNG so it isn’t full-proof, but it does move the probabilities more in your favour.

These are very fair criticisms of the system and I agree.

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind

No problem, if you ever want any advice on forging I am always happy to help people, so feel free to ask. There is a definite shortage of people forging in this game and high quality forging does not need to be overly expensive or complicated. Yes it can be very frustrating at times and the system isn’t perfect, but it isn’t as bad as some people have been led to believe causing many to be scared of even trying.

3 Likes

When you get the hang of forging it isn’t that bad. But like I said there are things that just don’t make any sense.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with this and I do understand why people are daunted.

There is next to no in game training/tutorial system to get people started and frankly there is a shortage of tutorials outside of the game besides Jiivita’s videos or Vansteens forging guide. I would love to make some videos myself but video editing is something I have 0 experience with. I have toyed with the idea of streaming myself forging for a few hours and answering questions, but again not something I am at all proficient with and my upload speeds aren’t particularly suitable for high quality streaming.

1 Like

Same with be making a vid that even me a “not so good forger” can forge stuff easily. But I tend to forget to talk or even check comments when im busy. And live stream well i think its dull if i stream and don’t speak or react to any one^^.
Even in chat with my friend its mostly quite for hours at end^^ just in chat to be in chat^^

1 Like

haha, the exact same problem I have. I do not know how the good streamers can do it, narrating everything they do and having conversations with multitudes of people. I just cannot shake the feeling that I am talking to myself!

1 Like

Don’t mind talking to my self but it isn’t always decent what comes out of my mouth when i talk^^

1 Like

Yupp.

For forging tho, I agree with the logic reasoning to not allow unnecessary boons. However I think it’s left that way to encourage the RNG of the forge. I think it’s meant to act more like a slot machine than a tool machine. I would appreciate it if they changed it tho. It would make Forging just a little more friendly.

I kinda liked the complexity. It took me months to reveal all possibilities and get a feeling on the RNG and even today I do stupid mistakes. However all in all, I like how complex it is and that not everyone can forge everything. If everyone could, there would be no trade of forged goods.

So yea, it does not make sense, but same way I can get a “Reduced damage defect” on the totem, which actually is great to have available such harmless combos. I would not change.

I think the point of it is that you have the potential to roll damage first, then roll liquid breaker, then you can end up using things to change one of those options up.

By allowing different conflicting boons, it allows you the freedom to change to get the boons you want on the fly.

I don’t know how they could fix that without adding in a decent amount of code and time that could have potential issues, which the forge just had even with one of the recent updates that didn’t touch the forge.

I see your point and don’t get me wrong.
But it would be the same thing as forging a “undo changing chisel”. As changing and undo conflict with each other they where made incompatible with each other. One blocks the other.

Don’t mind forging and having a different outcome.

The problem is forging is hard enough if you just start out or are “experienced”. And yes there are many ways to change the outcome.

But liquid breaker is a boon that also turns all DMG (also critical) to 0. You can’t forge a high DMG liquid breaker.

Still I understand what you are saying but my point of view is a “High DMG liquid breaker” is the same as a “undo changing chisel”.
1 boon makes the other boon useless.
(I admit chisel might be a bad example as it becomes completely useless but i hoop you understand what i am saying).

This is a good point. I forgot they already did this here so it should be available in the backend of things.

That makes sense to me.

If they do change that out I hope they keep the ability to get the defect still so it’s a safety spot for people.

1 Like

:wink: that is my main point. Yes it sometimes **** when forging doesn’t go your way but you get something useable out of it.

Imagine the tools (shovels, hammers) forged by beginners just ending up with useless boons as they end up as a liquid breaker. After finally having a DMG boon.

I have no problems with other boons so far (that i know of). But this possible combo of boons just doesn’t make any sense.