I appear to have gotten myself trapped

I found a cave, and had a great time looking around it and finally digging up some fossils.

However, now I’ve stuck myself down in this cave, with no tools (lots of rock, but no wood). Oops.

Warping back to Sanctum just gives me a warp back to the cave. I have a beacon placed elsewhere on the surface, but I can’t figure out any way to warp to it.

Ideas? If I throw myself off a cliff, won’t I just respawn at the base of it, even further down the cave? I’m hoping I’m missing an obvious way out of this pickle.

If you return to Sanctum you can interact with the portal by pressing “E” on it and select “Bump to Safe Location”. Also you could use the second set of warp conduits across from the portal in Sanctum and warp to your beacon/home or any saved locations. It will cost you coin depending on how many hops you need to get to where you want to go. Hops are from planet to planet.

6 Likes

I can’t figure out how to do anything with that second set of warp conduits, other than bonk it. I’m assuming it requires some resource I haven’t made / found yet.

Bump To Safe Location didn’t seem to do anything meaningful – the spot I was stuck in the cave wasn’t dangerous, I just couldn’t find a way back to the surface.

Five minutes after posting this, I found my way back out, naturally. : P And then remembered I had my totem, and I could have slowly dug my way out, too, even without tools. Thanks for the reply, though. : D

1 Like

You press “E” on the second portals to get the interface up where you can select a saved location to warp to.

3 Likes

The easiest way to make the system work for you,

Dig your way into a solid wall, about 2 blocks in, with enough room to stand in, and enough room to walk out.

Then return to sanctum in that hole, then when the earl is created to put you back where you were it doesn’t fit in the hole you made so it shoots up to the first place where it can spawn, generally the surface

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the info and tips, folks. It’s much appreciated. <3

1 Like

Thanks, I also got stuck at the bottom of a cave. No tool left, I must of died 10 times, then I was respond up top. Thanks for the info. QueenNuts new to Boundless and loving it! (Berlyn)