I don't like it yet

This patch took what was enjoyable and made it bad. Sorry but too many games vying for my money and attention.
Sandbox games need to be fun not realistic so don’t go with that argument.(my opinion)

What is the point of changing jump?
Both the skill in usability and skill description were changed.
Not fun with a game that has 10m+ gaps everywhere.
The double jump is broke.
The skill is a waste of points now.
If you plan adding items like armor, jewelry etc… to augment a skill why change jump till those items are implemented?
Not fun :confused:

In a game that has weird crafting recipe amounts.
Refinery on gems and metals as rare as they are …horrid.
10 rough for 1 compact, why?
Same with the mixer. ( Try making a castle out of brick )
I would be fine with the recipe as is if the resources were more abundant.

Torch = 1 stick
1 tallow
1 cloth
That’s intuitive most recipes are good in the workbench.
Not fun :confused:

Swing speed…
So to make finding these already hard to find rare items you decide to slow us down on the mining why?
Oh saw the new forge looks amazing cant wait for that to be added in.
But again if the new forge is supposed to help with the speed why change it till the forge is added?
Again Not Fun :confused:

Monsters difficulty not balanced yet.
Takes a lot of hits to kill a mob on Solum but I 2 shot mobs on Vulpto.
Again you made a change to core game-play without adding in the support items.
No lance or bombs.
No descent weapons can be made reliably with gem scarcity.
Exp lowered and they hit harder.
Again NOT FUN :confused:

There are a lot of useless skills.
Not to mention broken ones that do nothing.(Need placeholder description or just grayed out)
ex…Light Radius and intensity lowered, new description is wrong I see no light without a torch.
This has been done so many times in so many games resulting in
cookie cutter builds…is this your intent?
Again NOT FUN :confused:

Just hoping to communicate my thoughts to you guys.
I love the ideas for the props, poles(most anticipated) and decor items.
Any eta when we will see these changes?
Tattoos and new character models when?
Any chance for machines like links and triggers?
Signs with editable/colored text?

With such a niche game word of mouth is how these games catch on.
Several of my gaming community friends bought this for a fun new game.
You just made it a grind fest. (IMO)

Thanks for any feedback.

6 Likes

Hey @banehavoc you do know the game isn’t finished yet right? This feedback is valuable but you should keep in mind when playing and when inviting friends to play that the game IS NOT FINISHED YET and IS NOT BALANCED YET. They make changes like these for us to give them feedback like what you provided above. So by all means mention what you like and don’t like but keep in mind that you’re playing a half-finished game so you shouldn’t expect it to be nice and polished :wink:

8 Likes

In respects to creatures difficulty.

Also this is a second pass on skills since it came to live, give it time.

Hmm… This is more about complaining than suggesting. You want to see something changed? Then comment on it, but bring a suggestion.

Waiting until they implement all they coming features and then try out different configurations is a recipe for distaster. Should they wait until everything is put out and then start testing waters? That just further pushes the release date for a dumb reason. We as players don’t know or understand all the mechanics they have in mind. We can only comment on things we see and experience and bring an alternative. Not just say something is bad.

5 Likes

Boundless is an MMO game, not multiplayer sandbox like minecraft. If you expect more minecraft like gameplay then just wait for 1.0 until private servers will be implemented.

5 Likes

I thought this was in suggestions?
I have almost 300 hrs in please don’t take it out of context.
It’s not complaining just confusing.

This is on the suggestion topic, matter of the fact I saw no suggestions.

1 Like

They suggested that skills have more text regarding what is placeholder and what isn’t, and suggested graying out something that has no actual effect.

They suggested that the mining balance changes wait until the forge is added so that we can feel the entire difference as a whole when all the game systems are in place.

They suggested that they shouldn’t have changed mob difficulty without having first added in the lances and bombs so that, again, the whole system could be in place to have a more final feel.

Anyway, they did make a lot of suggestions :stuck_out_tongue: Just depends how you read the text.

6 Likes

Ok if thats what you think.
My intent was to say make the game more fun.
I was having fun. Now…eh.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel you. Even though changes in this particular update didn’t make me feel that way, I had those moments before a few times, when a balance changed more drastically and it took some time to adjust to it. We are creatures of habit aren’t we? :grin:

3 Likes

This game shouldn’t be too easy !

9 Likes

You’re right, no game should be too easy, because we need a challenge in any respect to be able to have fun too. But if a challenge is too big, for most people it can be either demotivating or boring, i.e. not fun.

Game design is difficult because you get people of so many different skill levels playing games, so what’s easy for some is difficult for others, and sometimes this isn’t just about practice; I have an illness that makes many things difficult, especially related to manipulation and controlling something. Some people struggle with aspects of logic or how complex a task is, etc.

So if a very big challenge is fun to you, it might be frustrating to someone else, and of course, a very big challenge to me might be very boring to you! At the end of the day, if someone gets bored, if it’s you or me or bane, that’s a player that stops playing because they are bored, that’s all.

Boundless is in a special stage because the marketing says one thing but the gameplay says another, and this is expected, being an early access game, but the problem with that is that the target audience gets more mixed up than it would be if it was a finished release game. That can be both good and bad, depending on how open the vision for the game is and on what direction has already been decided internally in the development pipeline.

There are a lot of things to consider and the devs certainly don’t have an easy task here, but overall, everyone wants to have fun playing the game, for different reasons.

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s so much about hitting a sweet spot with difficulty per se, rather to simply have a final product with something for everyone.

For example, the Home Worlds should be easy to traverse, non hostile for the most part, with a handful of aggressive mobs to ease newcomers into the idea of survival. Resources should be abundant, but at the lower end of the rarity spectrum.

As players progress in skill, levels and distance from where they started out, and head off to new worlds - further out into space - the difficulty should ramp up.

This is what I personally want, and I believe this is also the intended direction for the game.

13 Likes

Yes, that’s a good point and put in a good way. :grin:

The idea of difficulty in the way you mention makes sense to me too.

3 Likes

My understanding was that the private worlds are still going to be attached to all the public worlds which means players that are granted access will be able to travel to those private worlds with their character which means the private world couldn’t have any special or custom characteristics or differences to it other than being private. Is this no longer the case?

1 Like

I think you’re thinking of rented worlds? (Which are in a sense, private)

The worlds @Karokendo is referring to are the ones you can host on a machine of your own, if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

I think the intent for them is to create a game that is both fun and has depth. They want you to feel like the amount of things you can do in this game is “Boundless”. Want to build a huge sprawling tower? Do it! want to trade and become a coin master by up-selling? DO IT. Want to go on adventure after adventure with a group of friends? DO IT! But in doing so, you have to create a world that is self sustained and a progression mechanic that challenges the user but doesn’t overwhelm them. It’s a really tough code to crack, because on the one hand, you want the user to work for something as massive as that tower, and you want an economy that is just detailed enough to support that merchant, while still having enough things to do in the open world that people who just want to run around and wreck stuff can enjoy. When dealing with this many factors, it’s very easy to overlook the small things but I believe the dev team has what it takes considering the quality of their previous titles. I hope wonderstruck takes off with this one, there’s definitely a group of people that will play this game no matter how “grindy” it may seem, but I do think it’s important to keep in mind the people who just want to jump in and have “fun”. It’s a big balancing act and this is definitely an ambitious title for such a small dev team. GOOD LUCK WONDERSTRUCK! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

In summary: too hard, stuff got nerfed, not minecraft enough, no fun.
Why is this in suggestions?

5 Likes

The op had never posted on the forums prior to this, as far as I can see, I don’t see why everyone is jumping down their throat for such a small thing :s

Ok, they posted on the wrong section let’s say. You don’t have to belittle their point; they did make suggestions, they did offer feedback, but you have to read what the op says, it’s between the lines; They probably thought the suggestions category was for feedback… The first time I posted on the forum I thought that was the case too, since there is no specific feedback category.

3 Likes

You liking something and stating it doesn’t mean you are suggesting something, you’re giving feedback.

The matter is I could say I don’t like something, and that’s totally reasonable, but when you see the macro aspect of the game, when you’re into the jumping mechanics and they change, of course you’ll be willing for them to change back to how they were, but sometimes we have to be open minded to what needs to be done and offer suggestions on what could be done.

Just because so many features and options aren’t implemented yet, doesn’t mean devs have no right to try out different settings and test the waters. If we’re gonna wait for all the features and ideas to pop up in the game before devs can start balancing, then it’s gonna be a lot of wasted time and opportunities not used to test things out, instead rushing features, implementing them and then hope for players to take the massive amounts of information and offer feedback.

It’s good to offer opinions on what you like and what you don’t like, but this is the suggestion category for something. So you can express alternative ways to be able to change something. Jump height got nerfed, maybe make it so the jump height gets boosted not only actively but passively by agility by a certain percentage, or make the skill take less points since the benefit is underwhelming.

I’m aiming for constructive (quality, actionable) feedback and suggestions from op. I’m not saying the op is wrong for having an opinion or jumping down their throats, but asking a direct questions- and awaiting an answer, not apology or speculation- why is this in suggestions. Perhaps I phrased it too bluntly or directly, but I’m only replying in a similar disposition to the original post- if for example we start with the statement “sandbox games need to be fun not realistic so don’t go with that arguement” then I feel justified in asking for suggestions in the suggestion category, not gripes, so don’t go with that arguement.

That is all. I don’t intend to offend, and no offense was taken.

8 Likes