I feel like the game wants me to stop play it

I have played boundless for over 400 hours, but i rarely play it now. I only refill portals in PG, hunt for oort stones from time to time and check city progress.

Am I bored? Hmm, not really. I just don’t have any plots left. All out of my 170 plots are used on roads in Pixelgate. Currently i can’t grind more because progress is so slow that it would take me like 2 hours to grind 1 plot.

I would like to build many, many structures, but atm the only way to do that is to start another community project :confused: I feel like the game wants me to stop play it because i can no longer progress/build more stuff. Just look at forums and check how many people GIVE AWAY their houses because they want to start a new project somewhere else.

My suggestion is to allow players to gain infinite amount of plots as they play more and more. More engaged players = more plots they get through daily/weekly quests (constant amount).

Please consider this. It’s important, because at 1.0 i would want to play as a builder named Karokendo, not as 10 different characters (each with 100 plots) because that would be the only way to gain more plots.

5 Likes

Wait for the progression system to arrive. I’ve been playing testing version and it’s looking good in plot department.

3 Likes

How do you gain more plots in this new system:?

1 Like

First of all you level up steadily - in current live you get to 50th level as a miner very fast and you get a lot of plots with that but then it all pretty much dries up. You can’t get any new plots through mining and you must turn to other activities (and those progress way slower than miner).

In testing your leveling doesn’t depend on your class, which means you can get to new levels doing mining only all the time, or hunting all the time. Whatever you like doing more or whatever you find most efficient in leveling you can do endlessly.

Other than that - your character needs so much skills to be decent at things, that you won’t even be able to get to as much building projects as you do in live version now (unless you are happy to use basic materials all the time). At the moment live version allows you play more freely. You just get to all possible and available materials fairly quickly and can play away with them.

After applying progression system uou really need some serious work to get to crafting more interesting blocks or get to other worlds to acquire gleam or gems. You will find yourself busy progressing your character a lot before you will be able to lay your hands on materials you want for your builds.

There will be some changes and balancing to the current testing of course but the main thing won’t change - there is some grinding to do on your character and you will learn to be patient before you get to building structures taking hundreds block. Meaning you will most likely collect a lot of plots before you can or want to use them. EXAMPLE: at the moment I have use 43 out of 69 plots I have available. I simply can’t build as fast as I acquire them. Getting objectives done to get experience and learning skills to be able to get to more sophisticated materials all takes time.

5 Likes

But is there still a limit to total plots? What you are describing is not a solution to the problem. You’re describing the problem being pushed further (temporally) away. Eventually Karokendo will hit that limit even with slower progression if it isn’t nonexistent.

The hill is steeper. Got it. But is there still a summit?

There is not a limit to plots once you hit the next update. There is a limit to skills

2 Likes

Sounds like a good solution then. ^^

So, no worries. Plots will flow to you as long as you keep playing. :sunglasses:

/insert comment about placeholder systems and future updates here/

Even with a maximum number of skills or even skill points available, it’s not entirely out of the question that one could continue to gain plots and quest rewards forever. Perhaps a sort of prestige level or something like Diablo III’s paragon levels could allow infinite progression in a nice linear fashion?

2 Likes

You’ve sacrificed a ton in order for PG to flourish and flourish it has. However I feel it’s more important for you to continue enjoying the game so maybe you should remove some road plots. I’m more than willing to take over the roads by cooks corner and I’m sure other PG residents would be willing to do the same. Do whatever you need to do in order to continue enjoying the game. :grin:

6 Likes

Here’s the answer about unlimited plots

1 Like