I get so emotional baby

To me, this game has and will always be about the community. So as we transition to a new era and old things pass away. I wanted an open forum for public shoutouts and just sharing in general. Its like graduating. . . who knows what 1.0 will bring and how it will shape our community, but I would like to take a moment and pause and reflect on what we had.

I will start:

Day one of my journey, I actually met Moebius withing my first hour. LOL. Figures right. . .
He got me all set up in town and of course I found out that it was like Hotel California. I still can’t leave. I guess Armageddon will resolve that.

I was there for the amazing teamwork on the Chisel Knights project and was in awe of the speed and talent of some players. I gotta say, Dzchan is crazy talented. And Karo reminded me of a spider monkey always leaping around.

I am not a veteran, but when I met one who had a prestigious build, I always felt a deep sense of awe, wonder and respect for these pioneers. I remember the first time I saw Heruka’s place, I had tears welling up. And by the way, Swede’s ceiling is a literal work of art if you’ve not seen it.

The sun tower and moon tower and early Elop, there are just some really artistic people in this world.

Shoutout to Wintervale and Eld’s place and Steam Town, those places were nuts. I was always so amazed at people’s originality.

Now I know I have seen very little and I could go on. But I am trying to tell you how it made me feel. That is why Boundless is so special. It makes my feeler feel. I love art, I love seeing people put their heart into something. I just want to share the love of what this early access was and entice others to excitement for what is to come.

22 Likes

No, no… I’ve just got something in my eye…

7 Likes

I’m not crying, you’re crying

Lol

6 Likes

10 Likes

well - my history in boundless… hmmm :thinking:

• day one? (soon after?) i met an awesome guy called @boundmore -cant rem if i met him on test or live first)
    but w/e… we hung around for quite some time on both (i followed him like a lost nub)
  • I said to him at one point (think we were on munteen) - again shortly after i joined (jun 16~) wow those birds are awesome… What they called? Oort Birds?

some time later ( a few weeks/months?) i met up with @Arkefyre - cool guy but then after a wwile he dissapeard?

around the same time i bumped into @SWProzee1 (amazing help to nubs) and @toxip and his friend (cant rem the name)

took a break for a time… came back… heard about this insane builder @the-moebius and found out he was owner of therka market etc (again awesome guy but for a long time my build jealosy got the better of me - untill recently sorry Moebs!

another great help was @Cookviper god i hope you come back man! you are awesome!

been in and out of the game and fofrums for a time (life and etc… most of which you know)

Also as a bleargh i am sorry that i have a different personality on forum compared to in-game… i can just overtly opinionated and vocal… it IS a defect :stuck_out_tongue: )

Cant wait until reset!!! (its tomorrow right??? RIGHT… RIGHT!!! (lol sorry :joy: )

cheers to all those who know and understand and put up with me… to those who don’t… i hope we can work it out

<3

4 Likes

It was testing, bud :sunglasses: I was building this Renaissance market place (based on Sukiennice, @Hashmalash, @Karokendo :wink: ).

Oort birds were plenty around back then. It was shortly afteer progression was introduced the first time.

@Creegle - I got traumatized :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Well, yes, it were some moving 4 years for me with this game for now … Right at the time Wonderstruck released the early alpha access to Oort Online (and yes, for me it’s still Oort Online, but call it whatever you want :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) I had a girlfriend who was seriously into Minecraft and I played it with her for a while but was never happy with it (to flat and basic for my taste ^^). So I searched for a game similar to it and tried much of them, but none was good enough for me (compared to my gf, which loved most of them ^^). But then I found Oort Online and was driven into it by the concepts and visions the devs had and wanted to jump in … and I did in August '14 if I remember right ^^

My gf left me, but the game stayed. But since it was a browser game at that time and also not filled up with content yet (running around, placing blocks and be a orange box (:lester:4EVER!!!) I mostly stayed on the forums to be involved in the process of development and testing the game and it’s features.

Time went by and I wrote a lot in the forums, getting to know the people, feeling being part of something greater and seeing this child (somehow also feeling like it was “our” child) grow slowly but surely to something that we all dreamed about.

There were many ups like the first texture overhaul, the introduction of the music, seeing what people are building on pre alpha and alpha servers (and yes, there are and were buildings I never dreamed about to being even possible to imagine ^^) or all the great additions like the skills, the crafting engine and chiseling. But also I felt some downs like loooong waiting for the c++ port (so that the game runs better but left browser playability), the renaming to “Boundless” (yeah, I know, it was a good idea, but still it’s like a scar that’s itching sometimes ^^), the leaving of @Ben and also the second big texture update, which removed the magic of some of the previous used textures/layers (Sand and stone lost their magic).

But no matter which way the game went, we as a community went with it and stayed at it’s child’s bed and watched over it, communicating our thoughts, ideas and worries with the devs and slowly but surely grew together to a crowd of proud citizens of this wonderful worlds, no matter if some of us just came by now and then or others seemed to even live in the world of Oort. Sure, there were some disputes on the way, but I never had the feeling that we were torn appart in our global dream to get this baby out there to live a life in success and passion so that all people who like voxel crafting games see and feel what we experience for so long time.

I personaly have had a great time here with you, have met many people of many different ages and lifestyles and I’m proud to be a part of this great community and project, knowing that this game will be this great because not only I but WE ALL contributed our time, opinions, feelings and passion into it so that the devs had the possibility to make it like we love and adore it!

But of cause all this wouldn’t have been possible without our fellow devs, who had the initial vision and ideas and spent their time and lifeblood into this great project which now seems to be what we all dreamed about: A Universe full of worlds on which we can stay as long we want, do what ever we want and always feel to be drawn to when we stay away for a while. At least that is what I’m feeling :wink:

10 Likes

i think my eyes are bleeding?

2 Likes