I hate fueling big portals. Please allow 2 stacks of shards in big portals

10% would be more bearable if it didn’t require ichor. But having an exo ingredient on top of the shard loss makes it non-viable.

4 Likes

Come visit Concrete Complete at Nova Golda! All 88 permanent planets in stock (again since yesterday!) and usually a slew of non-permanent ones, spray painted or exo!

From 29c and up!

4 Likes

5x before I’d start using it : )
Edit: maybe not even then, I dunno.

While they’re at it, I think they should revisit the decision to link portal size to fuel cost. It would be really nice to be able to build larger portals to go shorter distances without being penalized (for aesthetic reasons.)

6 Likes

Would like that to. But have to add to that don’t mind when a bigger portal uses more oort.

Now portal size is linked on Blinksec plus oort consumption for “portal size” distance is not really included.

should just do away with the fuel for them all together, why would they turn a feature meant to connect us to one another in an already sparsely populated game into a nightmare no one wants to deal with.

Then an entire aspect of the game that a lot of people like/depend on for coin would be obsolete.

1 Like

This is pretty much the standard portal that people are expected to have or be able to support. Anything else moves into areas where groups or team work is needed. People can create a very sustainable network and only use the larger portals where it is absolutely needed. Even then the design was still group based and not solo based.

Honestly tho, I am fine with the oort costs per size, I do kinda sorta wish that one day a 2x2 portal to the same planet still costs 1 oort/hour since I just prefer 2x2 portals over 1x2’s :smiley:

1 Like

1:1 shard cost + ichor + spark

Just make the spark cost high

I personally think the cost is fine, just the meteor ichor is too low a drop rate. I don’t even mind having to do level 7 exo meteors to get it, I just would expect those to have similar drop numbers of ichor to rough oort on those planets.

1 Like

The problem isn’t the 10% efficiency loss. The problem is the rate at which ichor is currently obtainable, as well as the method through which it is currently obtainable. Having Ichor a Lucent World only meteor drop is a bit extreme for its limiting factor, not to mention the drop rate of it in general. Considering there’s no permanent Lucent Worlds, Ichor isn’t always readily available to collect.

3 Likes

If thats the case then just remove exos

This would be a fair trade-off if it didn’t also require ichor, which as mentioned is so rare as to render the whole recipe irrelevant. Either make ichor a common drop or take it out of the recipe.

Still, this wouldn’t really fix the PITA quality of fueling large portals. Nobody is going to use ichor for anything other than vacations. I think two stacks would be more fair (plus you could leave ichor in there for anyone taking a longer vacation)