šŸ’” I made a Light Switch (works with multiple lights)

Stuff like this is why I REALLY want to see basic ā€œcircuitsā€ and automation in this game. Thereā€™s so much that we could do if we had a basic, limited form of ā€œRedstoneā€.

8 Likes

Between this and the XP machine with the funnelā€¦ I do believe we have a mad scientist!!! Amazing work @Ovis !!

I love the way they ā€œflickerā€ on down the line, like turning on a huge warehouse. VERY cool!

7 Likes

You could narrow the liquid channels down to two blocks wide for a more compact design if needed via some creative chiseling ^^

Amazing invention and video as always!

3 Likes

Glad you lot enjoy the Liquid Light Switch! :smile:

@RedY3 - Thanks! If you end up using the lights, lemme know, would love to check it out :slight_smile:
@domasede - Haha cheers domasede (dom?) Not quite, I just play the game wrong :joy:
@molav - That was my face when my idea actually worked for once!
@georgegroeg Cheers bro, thanks for the cheap deal you gave me on that TV and surround sounds set up :joy: :beers:
@bucfanpaka - Nicely done :wink: Thanks Paka, lighting up the comment section as always :sunglasses::sweat_smile:
@PendragonTheNinja - Cheers Pen! :fist:
@BabyCookie - :cookie:
@Apt - :fist_right::boom::fist_left:
@Trickyy90 - Haha thanks! :vulcan_salute:
@Odeon - Cheers mate :+1::+1:

8 Likes

@Dante-2293 - Thanks bro, thats all George tho!
@Coolpants - Thank you very much. Again. :joy:
@DJDancecraft Nicely done, loving these light puns :joy:
@LunaiHunter Thanks Lunai! Resin works too, but it only travels 2 blocks, so petrol is more useful in this situation :smile:
@Orrian - Niiice! Will check this out tomorrow for sure! :fist:
@Crete - I agree with you, I am mad. Thanks Crete! Yeh me too, a warehouse was my very first idea, gonna have to make a bigger room now! :ok_hand:
@Jiivita - Thanks man, appreciated! Yeh Iā€™m sure someone can tidy up my liquid ā€˜wiringā€™, after 4 redesigns I just wanted it ā€˜workingā€™ :joy:

@Ovis - Done.

7 Likes

#Sovisā€¦ I kinda wanted to rewire my home. If only i didnā€™t have a grapple track on the roof!

And ovis, i may move! Surprising, i know.

1 Like

That figures he does it again.
Got annoyed not being able to mix the resin and petrol with lighting manny times but didnā€™t put 1+1 together. Great ideas. Maybe something for a maze/puzzle game to???
Make them doors auto and try to go from a to b in the darkā€¦

1 Like

should I move?

Really creative :+1: .

2 Likes

Awesome stuff Ovis, as usual!

Got me immediately thinking tho! On Creative you could make those detection lamp thingies, like on a porch, someone is near and poof it goes on, or go thru a long corridor and lights turn on in front of you as you walk and turn off behind youā€¦

5 Likes

not gonna lie, I have spent the last 25 minutes playing with my new light switch. its just so easy and cool!

3 Likes

I just made a light switch! Its on my underwater house at Mare Abbottick on Alder! You can take the Sasquatch Bridge Factory portal at the Sasquatch metro (the TNT world portal to alder is Sasquatchville) to get their easy. It would turn a single set of lights on, then off. It works kinda slow but it works! Hereā€™s the coords: -1627, N 229 E, and Alt: 25 (its at the bottom of a lake)

2 Likes

Resin doesnā€™t seem to block light as well petrol. And resin and petrol donā€™t interact with each other. A one-stage dimmable light source may be possible if both liquids are used.

1 Like

I know what Iā€™m doing when I get online!

ā€¦flooding my new storage with petrol probably :laughing:

4 Likes

@LunaiHunter - Awesome, Iā€™ll check it out later on! :slight_smile:
@Tmmk - Haha thanks Tem, oh yeh 100%, lots of potential for mini games :slight_smile: Even if its just spicing up the aesthetic :+1:
@Buugi - Cheers mate :+1:
@AeneaGames - Thanks Aenea! That is true, but with mods canā€™t you just code in ā€œgleam appears when player is ā€˜xā€™ close to this locationā€? I wouldnā€™t have a clue :joy:
@DJDancecraft - Thats awesome, love to hear it!
@SolidAtomic - Yeh neither of the liquids react with each other (apart from lava which reacts with all of the others making stone) but which one takes priority depends on a couple things: The strength of the remaining flow + the height. Playing around with these yields some cool ideas also - currently working on something else that could be video worthy :slight_smile:
@Trickyy90 - Hahah it will 100% get everywhere, really annoying too as you canā€™t see a single thing through it :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah you could :slight_smile:

1 Like
10 Likes

Thats dope :slight_smile:

1 Like

An amazingly creative work from you again @Ovis. Love it. Keep up the creations. Canā€™t wait to try this out.

1 Like

Thanks Rogue! I got plenty more on the back burner, got another one to with lights also :ok_hand:

1 Like