I say goodbye, Boundless

As the name of the post says. I’m leaving Boundless because I’m convinced that there will never be new content, sorry but yes, that’s how I see it, because otherwise something would have happened in this direction a long time ago. I’m happy to be convinced otherwise, but so far it looks like I’m right.

In the future, I’d rather give my money to other game developers who are more transparent and definitely work on their products.

I wish you all a lot of fun with Boundless

15 Likes

sorry to see this - as always when someone is leaving :slightly_frowning_face:

there are some good games out there, enjoy the ride in other universes :sunglasses:

1 Like

I guess we need to wait still for that part :sweat_smile:
I happily keep you updated on discord if you would like that. No matter if you stay away from boundless or you return at a later point again, it was nice having you as part of the SUNSET FORGE MARKET :slight_smile: I wish You the best and hope You will find fun and fulfillment in other games. :blush:

4 Likes

Take care @Balkinus

You always have a beacon full with all your items in case you decide to return.

2 Likes

I get it, things aren’t moving in the direction we’d hoped when we heard about the buyout. But, I remain boggled how people cna’t find things to do in a building game…

7 Likes

im really sorry seeing anyone leaving Boundless without reason, in my point of view

Monumental bought Bounndless at sept 2022 right? so we need to wait at least till sept 2023 for fully finished transition
next phase - hiring team, dev coders, programmers, designers etc
next phase - give them time to learn game basics, tempklates, codes, how it works together
next phase - show them what we expect and simple tell them - MAKE THIS HAPPEN

• announce next update beta testing
  • fix bugs
    -launch update
  • fix bugs, latency issues, unplayable connection issues, missing item issues fixing 99 another bugs found by players :smiley:
5 Likes

I think you’re right. But on the other hand, how long have we been waiting now? 3 years, 4 years or is it already 5 years? - in short, a very long time. Next, yes, Boundless was bought by Monumental, so I was filled with hope for a moment, but quickly saw reality again. Absolutely the same mistakes are made as before, that’s my opinion, but I also wrote that I’m happy to be convinced otherwise. Last but not least, what about the patch / update that has been on the test server for years? - You could give it as a treat, right?

hold it Balkinus, yes we have been waiting for some while, you are now attacking Monumental by saying they make the same mistakes…don’t do that. they have already mentioned more than once, and many others have mentioned that it takes at least a year, that is the time you have to be patient.
I’m pretty sure they do their best on getting things sorted asap. we as a community should support that.
What’s another 6 months of waiting do any difference? just play the game meanwhile and enjoy yourself. ‘‘things will get better’’ jokes aside, get your build-up, get your farms sorted, and let us connect. if we don’t hear anything until the start of next year I understand, I can guarantee you that we will hear something before that time

I also mentioned on our discord why would they advertise and why would they release something or make the game free to play, which was an idea, if they do this now this means more people and more people means more problems and questions, questions and problems they cannot handle when they are not even having their team together or the transition complete.

now get your a$$ in game and enjoy meanwhile

5 Likes

Just to note the transition takes a year yes but don’t expect things to start magically happening as soon as September hits. They’ll need to get a team together and they’ll also need to learn the game. Currently the old team are still involved, which is a good thing of course.

Since Monumental have taken over I have noticed a few things happen some of which has gone unnoticed because it’s just little steps. But they are slowly moving forward.

Patience is needed unfortunately and peoples expectations need to come down just a little. I know some of you veterans have been waiting for the update, that’s been on the test servers but expecting or demanding it isn’t helpful. I get the frustrations I really do, you’re passionate about the game and want to see more from it. I do too.

I don’t know what the future holds for the game. The rate at which the playerbase is dropping over the past few weeks is worrying and concerning. If there’s no playerbase in the game don’t expect a future for the game. I get why people are stopping playing because there’s no update so what’s the point. But this is counter productive. It’ll only mean the end for the game and it won’t be entirely down to the playerbase.
And I say this from experience.

I do hope there is a future but only time will tell.

4 Likes

It’s just plain goofy to me seeing people leaving NOW out of any point in time. Like, we have a new dev team pouring time and resources into this game and transitioning it fully over to themselves. Must all be fake. Just a silly goof, a gaff—what a funny jape by Monumental, aye?

¯_(ツ)_/¯

See you in a few months I guess, Balkinus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

At the risk of triggering the Boundless fanatics, I would just say hang in there and things will get better.

5 Likes

Boundless was bought by Monumental less than a year ago. And they said that it would be at LEAST a year for them to transition the game over to them. This was a U.K. based game being moved to U.S. base company. There’s all sorts of hurdles you have to cross, permissions granted, etc.
The last official update from Wonderstruck was December 2020 (less than 3 years ago). But any promises from Wonderstruck were null and void as soon as it was sold to Monumental. They’re in charge now and it will take time to transition, hire a team, and get familiar with the code enough to release updates.
As to the patch/update on the test servers, it was never finished. Do you really want them to release a half finished patch? What kind of treat would that be?

Also, @Monumental has already said that the first thing they plan to do it fix the NPE (New Player Experience) and possibly add some cosmetic monetization to bring in more money for development.

6 Likes

2 months 3 at most if nothing by then …… :man_shrugging: