I think I'll start creating some boundless youtube videos? First I need some feedback on my commentary ability

I want to perhaps make some youtube videos for boundless. Casual & random gameplay commentary videos. Similar to the video I have on my youtube channel right now, which is essentially a test video.

I need some feedback on the video. If its favorable, I’ll make some videos on boundless. Lemme know what you think okay?

I am very new to youtube, and commentary in general, I don’t know where I stand in terms of my ability to be entertaining etc.

It would be very helpful to get some perspective. So please feel free to check out my channel, which I will link. Watch the one video on it, and leave some feedback either on the video there, or here. I will determine from there if it is worth continuing. Thank you in advance. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could listen to your voice for seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years :wink:.
Commentary sounds and “feel’s” right to me not sure what you should change or “have” to do differently.

Just make sure you have fun with it.
And ill be looking forward for your next vid :wink:

3 Likes

People have different opinion how they like their videos, but i personally prefer lets plays and so on… If you have to farm 30 something… Maybe cut some of it out cause this game is a grind and People are not rly keen To see you swinging hammer 5minutes :joy:. If you have some tips Or so For players… Share them… How to make a roof example… You would be surpriced how many player would appreciate People to show how something is actually done.

3 Likes

I personally find doing live commentary quite difficult without being very repetitive and requires lots of practice. I personally only edit in a small bit of live commentary and do more post commentary, I at least enjoy it more that way. Leaves out most if the boring bits and can plan what info I want to relay to the viewer. But I am by no means a great editor or videomaker but I enjoy it never the less.

But we all like different styles, so someone who watches a lot of streams maybe enjoys it more than I do, who basically only watch videos where I can skip boring bits.

3 Likes

Okay thanks folks for the feedback. Based off the responses, I am encouraged to make some videos on Boundless. :slight_smile: :+1:

They’ll probably be edited versions of a let’s play style format in order to capture the best parts of gameplay commentary/post commentary maybe as well.

Hopefully you folks will enjoy them!

2 Likes

Damn never have I agreed more to your words! Damn roofs… :joy: