I want to forge. Part Four: Lets Forge

I just used this method but I think I messed up. It seems to have a horizontal aoe effect.
-180dam, +150 rank, Horizontal Affect Adjacent, +6 attraction range, Auto Harvest, +12 Light Source Radius.

Otherwise, I think I see how this works, at least as far as the basics go.

Nope you made yourself a max level offhand. The 3rd boon doesnt matter as you only need the light and magnet

1 Like

Correct! you did it :smiley: yeah a lot of the time you end up getting a third boon, it doesn’t matter since the attraction range and light source are what your targeting.

1 Like

Trait Reduction Gum - helps prevent adding more buffs. Add this after you have first 2 desired buffs.

Boon Removal Solvent - Changes allocation of most recent boon points. If you just rolled a bad boon, add the solvent and it will likely change it related to your gums or possibly something random.

1 Like

Yay! I r gud at forge.

But wow, the mats cost. You roll through pure boon like a bad habit.

Okay, so I want to try my hand at a titanium AoE shovel. I assume the basic process that I used for the “Auto-loot flashlight” will work here.

I know the AoE effect comes from Special Gum.

What do I add to increase durability?

Add longevity gum for durability.

1 Like

2 things I think might help:

• For off hand stuff you don’t actually USE, quirks and defects don’t matter so much - so don’t use Pure Boon - you get twice as much boon points from the alternatives!
  • If you forge a chisel I think you’re less likely to get boons you don’t want, as fewer can be applied to chisels. AoE, Crit and Damage for example.
1 Like

I am greatly enjoying my newly forged aoe shovel.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread.

3 Likes

So, new question.

How do I forge multiple items at the same time? Do I need to multiply the number of forging mats?

If I have 9 shovels, can I put in all 9 gums at once?

Short answer, yes.

The Forge automatically divides the number of mats by the number of tools.

90 Spec gums x 9 hammers = 10 gums available in deck. (rounded down.)

Ideally i forge around 4/5 tools and use one type of compound for more involved strategies.