🎁 I wish we could leave gifts for players and likes on their builds

:heart: X 1000 on this one!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Could a request basket maybe be modified to serve as a leave-anything gift for free maybe? If you set a price at zero it sort of does the same, maybe change the look a bit and perhaps allow people to unselect things from a master list of items (so someone doesn’t go and fill it up with sand or something) that they really don’t want in there, for space purposes.

Love this so much Vex! :smiley:

2 Likes

This is the best idea ever.

2 Likes

about the likes arent people who dont get likes gonna be sad?
love the gifts idea also i would like mail to be more like an actual letter thing instead off a pm message the give away thing i like to and also like to trow in the guest book idea that many had

That is not a bad idea. Maybe say a player can only put items in one slot until it is emptied. To keep it from being filled with sand.

2 Likes

almost like when we did the valentines day even where we gave each other something.

I could see an asset that people interact with that tracks the “likes” or good will or whatever. Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it isn’t a bad idea to allow people to give gifts like this. I don’t know how the data would be tracked either…

I do see it as a 1 time per account like per beacon or something. I wouldn’t want spamming or cheating done. I also feel this is only for vanity sake or praise sake and not linked to any benefits.

1 Like

Would love to be able to send items through mail, whether for gifts or whatever. It was said to be on the todo list some time ago, so hopefully still is.

James’ old response here:

1 Like

Sending through mail seems like it’d just be used to avoid taxes. I really like the idea of a system built just for gifting though.

I’m weird, I’ll be running around giving “likes” or hearts to every place I come across. I travel a lot too. lol :wink::blush:

5 Likes

Haha, yeah, so much this - “You get a like! You get a like! Everybody gets a like!!” :smiley:

3 Likes

YES! I love this idea! Maybe attach this feature to the mailbox system? That way we can let people know we love there builds, leave a like, and a gift for friends :smiley:

4 Likes

Was you in my dreams last night??

I was thinking along these lines about giving gifts to players and both gaining a little xp would be good for noobies :grin:

2 Likes

:wink::blush:

A little happiness from simple little surprises could make a big difference to some people. :partying_face:

2 Likes

I still think you was in my dreams your too spooky :joy:

Who doesn’t love a gift or even a like on their builds, I often mail people about their shops or build but as you said some don’t get messages so what a lovely way to separate that an leave a :heart: Instead as a fixed feature.

1 Like

Was there some cool Nightcore playing in the background? :grin:

You’re a sweetie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m sure they love your messages

Didn’t read all of the replies. But yes we need ways to leave appreciation/love/encouragement/gifts to people. I’ve seen people that have lost out of exo stuff but have no way to leave them anything as a don’t give up we got you kinda thing. Unless we are on at the same time or I hide a stand for them (which I’ve done). To make sure not trolling the owner should be able to see the gift and accept or decline while it’s in the mailbox or whatever. I don’t want 99 ss of regular yams lmao

1 Like

Yeah, there have been many times I kept trying to meet up with people to give them stuff, but we couldn’t get the timing right.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cool if we could add their names to baskets so just them people could take what we left them instead of having all these locks and separate storage for certain people.

2 Likes

YES YES YES. I could of just left you gifts instead of playing tag on discord or the forums for a week

2 Likes

Hahaha I know right

And sorry about that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That would be awesome :+1:

1 Like