IDEA: Capital City Bonus!

Nothing stopping you from organizing a competitive portal network. There have been several other networks in the past. Set something up and you too can have unlimited income.

OK if you think the footfall is the issue then address that. You might have a stronger argument. I do not know what their (PS) footfall income is. I do not have a significant build to even have a clue. Maybe the formula for this needs to be tweaked. I have not even thought about that, but I also do not have any factual information to recommend a change or to say leave it alone.

But please do not make the issue about the little guy. Sulferblade was a little guy in the old universe and ended up I think with a successful shop and capital of the planet he was on. He did this almost entirely by himself. So I know for a fact it is possible. PS had hubs in the old universe also for your information. Some were in capitals but some were not.

Everyone was a little guy in the old universe. But now, it is Big Fish VS little guys since all the pre-release players had the opportunity to become big fish while release players all start as little guys.

Alpha/Beta =/= Release in player numbers.

Ill say it again, 100% everything wipe should of happened on release.

you wright should have read everything in this log but sometimes i skip some stuff lolz

1 Like

PS had the portals running after 3days so if they had arrived same day as you in new universe they would have been in same position there in now then what would be the next excuse us EA players have been playing with olmost no items many bugs skillresets wipes and each day reporting bugs helping devā€™s learning stuff for weeks that the next day was irrelevant we waited for updates for months
took me 2000 hours(1000 hours networking) to get to level 50 in EA if ya wonna beat PS work for it instead off complaining you got it easy now in my opinion
the time you spend here you could have helped a new player out and invited him to join ya in TWO weeks ya dont build up and organize massive guild plus logistics its all done by time and effort and awesome people
the early acces is irrelevant

6 Likes

If I had to compete against PS. I would bet on something like express gates: fewer portals, very long distances.
And regulary change the ending point to a deserted aera for better ressources gathering.

If PS is like a classic postal service trying to settle on most populated place.
My focus would be one-jump portal into the wilderness.

We need some alternate route!

2 Likes

This is definitely the case outside of Grovidias Te (our HQ) and Biitula (Sulfurā€™s own personal project). On most planets when the gateways are set up they are not the capital, but lots of players do settle around the gateways for some reason or another, jacking up the prestige of the settlement.

Portal Seekers existed before the wipe, and all of the income generated from footfall is funneled into buying oort stones at a solid price to keep the gateways running for everyone to use.

The only reason weā€™ve accomplished what we have is thanks to the hard work of all of our members pooling together all of our resources and time to get the network established. IIRC we got the network up in the first 48 hours of the wipe because of the concentrated effort of all our members.

3 Likes

For an alternate approach to a portal network there is currently Ultima Hub, focused on many large portals on one main hub, I know they get a lot of traffic as well so thereā€™s a definitely advantages to each kind of approach.

I also heard talk of a few other potential networks in the works as well, Iā€™m sure weā€™ll end up with my different options in the end.

1 Like

Look here man, you wanna call it complaining, I call it making a point.

There should of been a full reset, period.

ā€œhe time you spend here you could have helped a new player out and invited him to join ya in TWO weeks ya dont build up and organize massive guild plus logistics its all done by time and effort and awesome people the early acces is irrelevantā€

Incorrect. 2 weeks is a huge headstart. So donā€™t give me that. Also, early access is NOT irrelevant ā€“ lol, man the elitist attitude of some of you hereā€¦

Yup!
Thatā€™s where new players can come into play and impose new standard for doing things.
My first reply was stupid and too impulsive. Seem I destroyed an interesting topic. :confounded:

The reason for early access backers to get a head start was to make sure there were builds and a community for the press and other people given access ahead of the release to see and interact with. I think they wanted to use the release version to do this as the old universe had some very different rules and planets.

If they had wiped again after this, I do not believe they would have had anything to show. Why spend the time and effort to start over again in two weeks?

Do the early backers have an advantage, yes. They already have friends and a known community of players to work with. They also know how the game is played. You do not erase this with a wipe. This would be true of any game with EA.

I will say the guilds I am in have been very welcoming to new players. So even though the EA players could have stuck together and excluded new people, they have not in my experience. Over time the advantages will mean less and less. Old players will leave and new players will take their place. New players gain the experience and knowledge of the people who have played longer and become the new leaders of guilds or form new guilds. Nothing in this game limits what players can do except their own motivation and the willingness to invest the time.

1 Like

They know how to play, that is fine that applies to all alpha and beta players of all games ā€“ all im saying is a 2 week headstart isnā€™t right. You can keep trying to change my mind, but you wont.

Anything that is on a huge multiplayer ā€œliving worldā€ scale should always start from 0 on release.

There are 2 types of alpha/beta testers. People who actually enjoy learning how a game works and helping it work right. And the other camp, who only do it if a game peaks their interest and they get some sort of advantage out of it.

So, the people who really wanted to make sure everything is smooth would be the ones who played the 2 weeks prior to wipe release.

im level 19 elite :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Elitest scum!

In all seriousness tho Iā€™m not a huge fan of this attitude towards the early access backers and the terrible image its trying to cultivate.

4 Likes

This happened on Albion Online as well.
Early Backers and Testers were able to play 3 day before official release.
They bought all the plots from the starter cities
They claimed like 90% of the world map with the best resources.
They fought with t5 armor/weapons and utterly destroyed the new players.
Sad.
I donā€™t care if they helped for years or they are devs friends.
Game should be equal for everyone.
edit:spelling

1 Like

The diference is tge plots are not a finite resource

1 Like

Here I can state facts. . Look at the active players after they announced the reset. It dropped to fewer then 20 per day (if I recall correctly). Despite what you are saying, the fact is people did not want to invest the time once they knew the wipe was coming. They did a lot of planning on discord on what to do when 1.0 launched but not much else. I did finish my build and help with a few others, but would not have done anything if there had been a wipe a two week test and then another reset. The new release required a reset as it could not be applied to the old universe planets (this from the developers). So they had to reset to even test the new release.

I do not believe they would have had enough players to test and definitely nothing but a few scattered builds to show the press.

Plots do not regenerate. Sure there are tons of them, but there is only a certain amount. (and if they make new planets, you have to move so that defeats the points of having your mega base - as an example)

I know you can portal between everything, but some people just want one base.

Plus, when you get a plot you ā€œreserveā€ all the area from the ground to the sky.

Yeah despite what I am saying. Lets just ignore my point. Cool discussion man.