IDEA: Capital City Bonus!

And that is your choice. Like I said, 2 types of alpha/beta testers.

OP clearly is not seeking to change his mind so I’m not sure why you guys keep arguing with him about how EA backers have a perceived advantage or doesn’t… Just let it be.

3 Likes

Sure select a portion of my statement and make it look like I had not stated a fact prior to that.
The actual quote should be

That is a fact so you cannot counter it so you try and make it into something else. Also to quote you

Because that is exactly what you did. You dismissed my point.

Edit:

I am sorry you are right. . no more responding this.

3 Likes

You seem to keep ignoring this:

There are 2 types of alpha/beta testers. People who actually enjoy learning how a game works and helping it work right. And the other camp, who only do it if a game peaks their interest and they get some sort of advantage out of it.

So, the people who really wanted to make sure everything is smooth would be the ones who played the 2 weeks prior to wipe release.

Edit: Anyway, back to topic. Should of been a full reset. Period. You are delusional if you think having a 2 week head start provided zero benefit and puts the majority of the players (since more people play now than during in Alpha and Beta) at a disadvantage for getting and retaining capital city status. My suggestion was a way to HELP people that broke the ceiling, knocked a current mega city off their status and got to capital. But how it currently is, it will be removed (from the new person who just got it) way faster than it was taken (from the mega city).

Personally I don’t see the draw to being the capital of a planet. There is no benefit aside from an orange marker on the compass when you’re on the planet and being at the top of the settlement list. Not too much to get bent out of shape over imo.

3 Likes

And that is fine – but when I see competition, I want it fair.

I will accept that early backers have an experience advantage and mechanical advantage, but throwing a 2 week free-time advantage on that is just mud in the face of everyone who wants to be a capital city (who wasn’t an early-backer).

That is why my suggestion would help make it a little more fair since they didnt do a server restart on release. That is where I am coming from. To some people, they want to have a small little shop – others want to be a cap city.

And the cap city, is what appears to be the overall goal of this game, since it lists the top 5 settlements in every planet… so in theory prestige is like points and points are how you win a game.
I know this is more to the game than watching a number get bigger – but tons of people like that – which is why clicker games are so popular.

To each their own for a goal but if that is the what drives you you should be enjoying the process. If overcoming the existing Capital is what drives you the bigger the target, the bigger the satisfaction when you “win”. Also keep in mind 1 player will never be able to win a prestige war against many others. I would suggest getting together a group of like mined players and band together if that is your goal.

EDIT: There are also always going to be new players. Someone starting next week will be at the same “disadvantage” you feel you are at. And that will never change.

3 Likes

There is no endgame in a sandbox.
I’m just fine gathering and selling in my shops around different worlds.
If you want to be the next world capital.
I’m sure private worlds will satisfy your desire.
We jsut have to deal with this sad situation and move on.
Have fun.

Im confused, what exactly is wrong with all the starter worlds with no big cities? most of them have capitals that a few people working together could overtake in a few short days. Btw does this argument stand true to people who started 2 weeks after the op? or who start 2 weeks after them etc… silly nonsensical argument going on in this thread, There are loads of planets, pick one and work

9 Likes

i spot an elite :grin:

7 Likes

You can do it - I’m not an old veteran like many of these folks. I’ve only been playing for 3 months total!

Yes, I did get a head start on you, but you’re benefitting from the groundwork we laid. There are still a LOT of things you can accomplish, and even take over compared to us, if you kick butt

If you try to do it alone, you’re going to fail. My city does not have 2m prestige because of me, I may have started that train but only 400k is mine, the other 1.6m prestige is due to players joining up with me.

Find others who feel as you do, build something new, and shake up the universe! :smiley:

Sorry if I came across condescending. It was not my intention. But I do think you can succeed despite what anyone else has done so far :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You leave me and my 1000 plots alone!

3 Likes

You only have 1000 plots!!! I spent 22 gazillion dollars to get 43 gazillion plots!! The developers are all going to vacation in hawaii

3 Likes

The difference is RELEASE time. But dont worry, I get it – the majority of posters on the forums here are early access people, which makes sense.

So keep on telling me im wrong.

Ill say it once and ill say it agian, there should of been a full 100% reset.

Release date is not the same as someone starting late, as when I heard about boundless it was removed from the Steam shop – it showed up but I was unable to buy it. But that isnt the point, I stand by what I said about the reset.

But since the reset didnt happen, and they cannot change that now, but they CAN implement my idea for a bonus about the portal room – which was what this post was about until all of the per-releasers decided to try to verbally knock me down with my ideas.

Who benefits from a 100% wipe on launch day? The few hundred players that did not have early access pc or ps4 launch? Who benefited from the early access phase? The thousand something players who, in cases like mysel, have backed the game for 2, 3, even 4 years. Players whom a majority of which paid a premium of $90 usd for the privilege of early access. Players that have spent thousands of hours in buggy test versions and posted hundreds of thousands of comments discussing and giving feedback on the game so that you could have a better end product. The early access was a wonderful “Thank you” to the EA community for putting their faith and money and work into helping this game become a reality.

5 Likes

I honestly don’t see how or why you think adding a special portal system to goes to each capital would change anything.

You’ve made no attempt at trying to make any sort of argument for how your suggestion would work and change things for the better. Instead, you’ve thrown a tantrum about how unfair this non-competitive environment is and disregarding everything the long time players are telling you about how it is not the big problem you feel like it is. Your hostility towards pre-release players is hindering any sort of discussion on this topic.

Players move on to other builds, players quit, cities die, new cities pop up the world is always in a constant state of flux. We saw this in early access when there were far less players and there is no reason to think this won’t continue to happen. The pre-release players don’t have the sort of stanglehold on the universe that you think they do. We know this, and ultimately you need to accept that the pre-release players have the experience to know how these things work.

If you want to cultivate this idea and others you may have I suggest you do so with a more welcoming attitude, otherwise you’ll find yourself ostracized sooner or later.

2 Likes

I have to disagree here, I’ve been playing this game for about a year maybe longer. I haven’t put in the thousand hours that some of the other backers have, however, I’ve been playing steadily everyday since the new universe. Pre-release if you will. And ya know what my settlement rank is? 16 not even close to capital. And the only reason I can claim that rank is because I am part of a greater group of people who are interested in taking down the capital, sry @the-moebius :grin:
Had I been interested in portal seekers or ultima, being a part of aquatopia I could easily have jumped in, but I’m not. Love their work? Heck yes! But I’d rather work with my friends and take their title from them. It’s gonna be tough and I have no doubt it won’t be anytime soon, however that’s the Prestige Wars and part of the fun for me. The whole point is to have fun. If your idea of fun is building a portal network and making lots of coin through footfall, go for it. If it’s not, then do whatever it is that is fun for you and let the portal seekers do their stuff. Those guys had that network up and running in like two days or something. So, even if the universe was wiped once again(which won’t happen :crossed_fingers:) it’s only be that same amount of time before another network was set up, if not faster. And same with the capitals. Aquatopian embassy would spring up again, because people like the idea of being a part of something greater than themselves. :grin: I can agree that some things need tweaking and maybe getting rich from footfall isn’t the greatest thing, but heck I’m happy when I make 200 coin just from someone walking through my mazes. You should check em out :wink:
Edit: my own personal settlement is rank 41 ATM and steadily dropping as more people join the game and build up their own settlements, and that’s cool with me. It’s a game! Go enjoy it. I look forward to seeing your capital city or portal network one day. Nothing is impossible in Boundless, except running from an epic shock Cuttletrunk that has your scent :rofl:
Edit 2: I’m on beckon BTW and part of point alpha which has a portal to aqua. Right next to portal seekers and ultima.

2 Likes

Yes I did, in my very 1st post. It would give “new” capital cities a chance for success before being swallowed up again by the hub-mafias.

Yeah, I am “throwing a tantrum”, how about I am very passionate and understand what an even playing field is. Of course all the people with an advantage are going to say it isnt an advantage – just like real life people dont know they have an advantage when they had it their whole life – in this case since pre-release went started.

And that is fine, but if they have the know-how they should of (but cant change it now) be 100% fine with a full reset on release. The knowledge is advantage enough.

Thanks for your opinion of how I suggest my ideas, but I keep doing it my way since I find writing simple and too the point makes for easy conversation instead of beating around a bush and trying not to offend anyone.

Umm… I don’t feel that is necessary.
In current meta, once you become capital in one planet, and if you spend sometimes to remain, you can hold up the capital for a long time.
Unless some big groups decide to move to ur planet, and start their big project.

Imagine this for a second it’s 9/11 again. Boundless just released and 5k people just jumped into a universe with 18 empty planets(count the original planets before PlayStation joined and then when they did it jumped to what? 27 I think) all the bugs we found and noted still have to be found, all the cities we built still have to be built all the economy that was set up(the whole purpose of the pre-release people being let in early to begin with) doesn’t exist. And still three days later at most, the portal seekers guild sets up a network across the universe, a city called the aquatopian embassy magically appears and they make BANK! Still, regardless of the time constrain or the amount of new players, because they are working together and because they have the common goal. Not because of “early access”.