Idea for T7 worlds/Exo only resources

So we have two requirements here:

• We need resources that are “Exo only” like Resin, Goo, Petrollim, Kindling Mass and Lucents without flooding the game economy with these resources.
  • Exo worlds should be unique and a nice surprise for everyone

So with that in mind, I had some ideas on some changes to how Exoworlds work that fulfill both requirements.

• Make < T7 worlds stop giving Resin or Kindling Mass. Make it a 50/50 split on T7 worlds for Resin or Petrolim
  • Make T7 (and hopefully eventually T8, right, right?) Exoworlds spawn on a set timer. You could even just recycle old Exos if generation is a hard part. Thought was…
    • T7 worlds spawn once a week, random/cycle if it is Rift, Umbris or Blink. Worlds only last 3 days. The day/time they spawn each week is completely random to maintain the “fairness” factor to everyone (people cannot camp and wait for the Exo to spawn to get more then average Exo resources)
    • Maybe something like a T8 would spawn less often. Like once a month and last for 5-7 days? If T8s are in fact designed to be Titans, it would make sense for them to stay around longer to let more people run the “dungeon”.
  • < T7 Exos keep the same process as currently. They are basically random and we never know when they will appear. These can be Color-Cycling Exoworlds or just worlds guaranteed to not have colors unlocked on Sovereign worlds. They will not have any Exo only specific resources except goo.
  • Goo will still spawn on every non-Color-Cycling Exo. Goo is always valuable in any color variation since it is depletable.

This fulfills the first requirement greatly. The idea is that it makes it more reliable on when we can expect to get “endgame” resources. They are still scare so it will not overload the market for them, but still easier to know when to expect to be able to restock on them. While being able to expect when they will spawn, it does allow people to (easily) camp and wait for them as well. They could spawn at almost any time during the week so if you want to sit up all day every week, you could be prepared, but well, people should have lives.

Separating “endgame” Exos from “fun and suspiring” Exos also fulfills the second requirement as well. Being able to reliably get endgame resource is important to the health and economy of the game, but they do not necessarily be tied together.

4 Likes

I would be happy just if exo’s started appearing…let alone changing entire set up of a exo .or just purchase t7…and t8 became the new exo.

1 Like

I prefer the exo-only ressources to remain exo-only. It creates high demand, as opposed to sovereigns spawning them, or farming producing them.

That said, i have no problem with reinventing new ways of spawning them, as long as the supply wont destabilize the market.

I dont like to criticize wonderstruck, but please spawn an exo. Its been too long now.

1 Like

Yeah, I am completely against them being moved to Sovereigns or being made easier to farm. I just think they need to be more “predictive” to when they can be farmed. Over a month with zero Petrolim or Lucents? You are killing me over here.

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Predictability is key.

As an exo trader im particularly affected by the current lack of exos.

1 Like