Ideas for random events

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great idea. I’m still trying to think of something more to go with it. Just tossing ideas around.

What if instead of twelve hours before it always closed, you had several days to complete some kind of objective, like capture a castle and kill a boss. If the objective is completed, the world stays open afterwards? Roll out a really, really hard world every month and give players a week to complete its challenges with zero information. They have to find the objective through scouting and exploring, mount an offensive once the objective is found, etc, etc. The rewards are loot and a somewhat untouched server?

It could start with an invasion into a known server, that players rebuffed, and then gradually worked their way deeper into the unknown server. Hell, that kind of event could take a full month and provide opportunity for every single kind of player there is.

dude there will be loads of servers, this is just for change, as i said they have talked about daily/weekly, 12 hours was just an example. it will most likely be 1 whole day or 1 whole week to go through the stuff. ben hinted that here might be 100 worlds just at tier 4 and under. so there will be loads.

this is just a nice twist for lets say titan slayer guild. meeting up and having 24 hours to find and kill the titans of the world. isnt that pretty dang cool?

but you might think of it is wasted if a person can only see his world for 1 day, but wouldnt it be a shame if we had alot of people making worlds, who never got to see the world, cause every last one is up for a month at a time.

it most likely wont be complicated, it is simply just a unique world there would only be there for a limited amount of time :smile:

(it isnt decided yet, it was just mentioned as a possiblity in a podcast, i just love the idea because it would encourage people to create really awesome worlds :smiley: )

1 Like

Yeah that is cool :smiley: the length of time the world is open changes the play objectives, from a design standpoint. Temporary worlds that are up for shorter times are treated differently by players than temporary worlds that are open for long periods of time, or temporary worlds that have the potential to be permanent. Atleast they can war game it in the beta, and we all get to try it out B)