Illegal Protocol Message (Stuck in Sanctum)

Hi team,

I am unable to leave the sanctum for 2 days now.

I am unable to go back to the world I left from “Lambis”

Character name DG143.

Hope you can help.

(Have tried uninstalling and nothing helps).

If it’s still happening then please share a game log.

Hi Vdragon, I am getting illegal protocol too, And I have my gamelog saved. My question will be, how and who do I send my gamelog? Forum upload function is for images only.

Please refer to this https://pastebin.com/pBcBYW87

I am still having this issue and very upset as I am loosing days of game play and gleam membership.

Several days later and still not working. I can’t leave the sanctum I can’t open a portal to anywhere.

The most common reason for the message is the connection timing out. The server your trying to connect to is in Europe. Where are you based?

I am based in Australia and never had any issues connecting to other worlds. My friends can connect perfectly while at my house so this has to be a character/account issue.Are you able to reset my current location back to my home world for example?

Checking against the server logs at the time, shows your client is failing to send a piece of validation data to the server, I cannot see any reason for that to be possible though (other than a really really slow connection, as there is a 4 second timeout on waiting for the data)… and your game log does show you have the correct version of the game so its not like you have some weird issue with an older client…

so my only conclusion, is you are getting a greater than 4 second latency to the server… (if you’re friends were going to the same server as you at your home, they’d get the same issues more than likely, there’s nothing here that is account/user specific other than which world you are connecting to in the sanctum).

Could you try doing a ping to 54.93.213.82 and see what sort of timings it reports just as a sanity check? (windows key, cmd, “ping 54.93.213.82”, https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_run_a_ping_test if need further instruction).

From the sanctum you can always use the right-hand warp to go to your home beacon (will cost of course though) even if the left warp fails to connect to this eu world.

Hi I cannot do the ping test as I am not at home at the moment.
But the issue seems to be across both portals as I am unable to create a portal anywhere at the moment even to my friends current location.
If it was my connection however I don’t understand why my friend is able to get in with no issues.
Could you change my last saved location to perhaps an AU based world see if this resolves the issue?

Are you unable to use the right portal in the sanctum to teleport home?

Unfortunately I have not been able to use any of the portals on both sides.

UPDATE: Last night I was finally able to get into the portal to leave the sanctum. (Thank you if your team did something to resolve this for me!)

But I am quite upset as I have spent over a week not being able to play boundless.
Lost days of game play, collecting resources and gleam membership which now expires tomorrow.
is there any sort of compensation? I honestly am questioning if I should return to the game after this issue.

We have not changed anything, if you could please do the ping tests at least it would be helpful when you have the problem.