I'm counting on YOU!

Just two more days until you can all go nuts posting content! Is everyone excited??

I’m counting on you…

Everyday, I come to these boards looking at what everyone posts. I’ve been following this game forever. No, I’m not a backer. I learned a long time ago that it’s more fun for me personally if I perpetually lurk and follow that way. I’m a married guy and hopefully soon I’ll be popping mini-Wablamos out of our own personal Centraforge, so I don’t nearly have the time to dedicate to a game like I used to, or like any early access game needs from its followers. :wink:

Enough about me… I’m counting on you!

Even after four+ years of following this game, I can’t lie about it… I’m still on the fence. I’ve read about how grindy the game feels nowadays in many ways. I’ve read that it takes a lot longer and it’s much harder to progress than in previous iterations of the game. I’ve read about people losing their items and not being able to stop queues from making incorrect items. I’ve read that resources are too thin. The centraforge itself has a gambling aspect to it that isn’t that much fun to people sometimes. Apparently, there’s not much to decorate your creations with. Besides meteors, there’s a lack of “later” gameplay options. Tooltips are confusing and sometimes misleading. Some objectives apparently dont complete when expected, or sometimes at all.

Ive read all this stuff and a lot more over the last couple weeks and I have to admit, all the above stuff is kinda unnerving from an outsider (myself) looking in.

I’m not asking any of you to validate my post or to sell me on anything. I just wanted to give a view from my perspective. That’s why I’m so excited for August 28th! I’m hoping that you guys can suck me back into the game by simply using your own passion to show off Boundless. Maybe your passion will reinvigorate my passion?

No matter what happens in the future, I wish the devs and the community the best of luck!

5 Likes

Heres the thing, iv been hit with nearly all the issues mentioned and some more and yet I still can’t wait to log in everyday, even with the long grind etc… There is something about Boundless that keeps you drawn in despite issues that would have led to me leaving other games long ago. I came here expecting Minecraft but with portals but got a completely different experience altogether.

2 Likes

I also have been following for 4 years and I can’t wait to get my hands on playing. I look at my countdown timer every day. I also am looking forward to all the content and I really can’t wait to join the world of Boundless

3 Likes