So to get help, you either have to find a person nearby and ask them, or post to the forum.
I think an in game “forum” would be helpful. This is more like an organized chat channel though.
People can press a certain key to access this. Here they can post questions or if they are looking for something.
How it works
So when you open the in game forum for the first time, you get a series of boxes you can check. You can choose
- what path you are,
- what you would be willing to help with
- what types of questions you can answer.
You can also change your notifications.
- if you want new questions in the topics you chose to help in to pop up somewhere on screen.
- If someone is looking for a certain path to help with something
- if people are looking for others to group with
When you open this notification, or go to the forum, you can then reply and the message will be sent to them. You can also see other replies by going to the in game forum specifically, instead of a private message system.
When a person has their question answer, they choose a icon or whatever that labels the question as “answered” and it is deleted.
Dealing with spam
Each question must choose a topic. If this question does not fit the topic and is actually another one, then people can vote to move it to a new topic. If the question is not anything and just spam, players can vote to delete it.