In Game Photomode Request

From day 1, hour 1 I’ve been both curious and frustrated about the lack of photomode ability being implemented in Boundless. For myself I’m 100% certain I could a) build much higher lvl quality pieces b) build faster and cut off tear down, rebuild time if mistake is noticed c) thoroughly enjoy sharing photos of my builds. To myself photomode is a no brainer for this & similar games. Any thoughts on why it does not exist and predictions on it for future
Photomode in Gaming

6 Likes

Yeah, would be great, suggested something similar myself, still to see if anything would happen though.

(In-game screenshots):

1 Like

combine a screenshot/photo mode with picture frames that can be placed around builds, like you can in Subnautica or Warframe

3 Likes

No mans sky had a decent photo mode as well

4 Likes

Great examples! Horizon Zero Dawn did/does as well

1 Like

They could even add the pre-release and the screenshots for the new exoworlds as addable options as well.

Bump and + 1.

I see there are other topics that request this too.

We need a photo mode that drops frame rate to near nothing in preference to much longer distance view (at least 250m with everything rendered), full reflections on, and anything else the boundless renderer can’t achieve efficiently on PS4.

Ideally we can move the camera independently of our characters’ view, toggle visibility of the HUD, and have control of brightness, contrast, saturation and depth of field.

2 Likes

I would really love one… I spend a good bit of time in games these days just wandering around doing virtual photography. :slight_smile: It would be a win-win since those of us who share these could possibly better get our shots shared around more with one.

for PC gamers this please

1 Like

Oh , insight is it… framerate :fast_forward::no_entry_sign: dropping to nothing is based on ____? Please I see the distaste, but curious as to why, the points given SEEM unsubstantiated to myself. Obviously we don’t know for Boundless (or am I wrong) as for Playstation and photomode vs framerate I’ve seen and experienced many fluidly.

“Bump” :face_with_monocle: still? They bump? :no_entry::no_smoking::no_bicycles::do_not_litter::underage:

Yes, in many current gen playstation games it freezes gameplay you can chg field o view depth, so much and with ease post to …I’m going to say it, yup, wait 4 it, SOCIAL MEDIA and that could mean many many more oort citizens bounding in. Jokes aside, it adds many more dimensions to a game

The usual excuse for the short distance render and lack of other effects in Boundless is that the PS4 hardware can’t handle it - which I’m sure is true for the particular rendering engine used by Boundless.

Yes, the rendering engines used by many other PS4 games give beautiful long distance views with reflections, volumetric lighting, complex models, etc. but not all renderers are created equal :slight_smile:

So, if we sacrifice frame rate for picture quality, perhaps this excuse becomes moot? I don’t know. Just throwing it out there.

1 Like

Yeah, No, I certainly wouldn’t myself want to sacrifice 1 bit o framerate (i believe most hate dropping framerates as your going along in game) for this idea, but there must, and IS a way. Such as you I believe mentioned to give us the camera angle views at minimum. It would be grand for my build ability as well time spent in correcting after I’ve run away, viewed & grasped :scream: at the horror :wink: