In honour of our friend, Johm

I’ve just popped in because this is the best way to get hold of anyone Johm has ever encountered - I was deeply saddened to hear that Johm passed away very recently.

Anyone who met or knew Johm (Johnguru on discord) knew him to be an amazing support, funny, helpful and friendly presence in game. I will miss him dearly as I know a lot of you will.

On a personal level, Johm was always there at hunt time, always very encouraging and plays a major part in the reason we stuck around so long.

I’ll never forget Johm. Rest in peace, friend.

35 Likes

Sad to hear about your friend. My deepest condolences

3 Likes

Johm was a great player, good sport, and a very welcome addition to BT hunts and guild <3

5 Likes

I have no clue who Johm is but it’s sad when anyone dies so I’m sorry to who ever is family and friends were

1 Like

:frowning::pleading_face::cry::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Another great soul leaves the mortal earth bound for the sanctum, may his soul live on in Oortian enternity.

5 Likes

I didn’t know Johm, but you all that did, you have my sincere condolences for your loss. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

John was my mom’s best friend. I’ve known him for nearly ten years, and it completely breaks my heart that he’s gone, I cannot even imagine how my mom feels. If any of you see her in game (Zigzagdoodad) please give her lots of love and attention, I know she is struggling with the hole in her heart. I’ve put more fuel in his beacon, and will attempt to keep his home up as long as I can.

9 Likes

I think I’m more sad that I have no idea who he is. There would be so many people on the hunts that I had trouble keeping track of them all.
Hindsight is 20/20, in that I wish I had known him better…

1 Like

I second this, give Ziggy all the love. I’m so sorry for her loss. Such a sad, sad loss. Johm was the best of us.

2 Likes

If u need fuel I offer my help

Deepest condolences to all those that knew and loved him. I did not know him personally, but, clearly he has had an impact. If we can help keep his beacon lit, just say the word. X

4 Likes

I didn’t know the fella, but it sounds like he was a good egg. Condolences to everyone concerned.

3 Likes

thx BethlehemSupernova
for your kind words… he was a friend of a friend to me irl…

2 Likes

I thought I’d update this with a few pictures of his place.

The view of his house from my mom’s yard

His backyard from under his carport

The front of his little shop

Inside the shop

The back of his home and garden

(damnit spoiler tags didn’t work, sorry about the length :frowning: )

editing again to add, my heart is so freakin’ heavy right now, I wish I had talked to him more recently :sob:

5 Likes

I think of him often. Thank you for posting these :heart:

3 Likes

Now that I saw the pictures, I realized that I’ve been to his shop a lot.
Very sad to read what happened.

3 Likes

My deepest condolences.
I met Johm many times at the Brown hunts. His name, with the M at the end, immediately caught my eye every time. :blush:
I unfortunately did not know him personally. But I will remember him as a good meteorite hunter.
May he rest in peace❣️

3 Likes