Inactive player Beacon removal

Is it possible to create a system to remove beacons from settlements. Mainly plots with almost nothing build on it for weeks or months.

Reason for this that alot of ppl go to a settlement plop down a beacon and stop playing there after a day or so with gleamclub for 3+ months.

Maybe a warden could do this?

3 Likes

How to you prevent people from using that to grief?

1 Like

This would break the contract players believe they have given existing plot rules. Some would’ve spent real money on those. I don’t think this is possible whilst also being fair and not abused. They may have good reason for not being active.

14 Likes

Maybe a max prestige for this to function <5000 prestige.

Honestly i feel griefed by ppl claiming plots in our city and leaving it empty for long time till it expires.

3 Likes

I agree with @schasm. Everything he said is true and fair, though I ‘might’ have an idea for a possible solution; have a beacon option to prevent people plotting above or below you, but have it off by default.

I’ve heard that chisel town will first give permission to the land only, and once the build is sufficiently underway they give the plots over. It seems excessive IMO but it is the only way to protect against players who don’t treat their personal builds as urgently as city owners may want

2 Likes

Sometimes these plots belong to active players too
They just didn’t find the time/motivation to expand it further, or use them as warp point.

Time perception in video games is a very abstract value. I knew guildmates who could only play mmorpg on specific months (and they are very nice and respectful people)

5 Likes

Yes but that means that someone in the chisel knights guild already hold the plots that they lend to someone until the build is satisfying. Anyhow, i’m not much about pestering in other people builds. If they have a beacon and hold the land than it’s theirs, you have to live with it for the time it is fuel and maybe more if they are gleam club.

There’s a huge difference between being unhappy with the aesthetics of your city and literally stealing something I paid money for.

Let’s be clear on this. You are asking for all players to be given the power to arbitrarily revoke people’s gleam club. Gleam club which they paid money for. That’s the fatal flaw. You are proposing literal theft of service.

7 Likes

I don’t think beacons should be removed from settlements, like this. If the beacon expires then it is okay, but just to remove an unexpired beacon…It would cause a lot of problems imo

3 Likes

Im asking for someone who has been putting time and effort building a city to have the ability to remove empty unused plots.

That’s not how this game operates. This convo has been brought up and beat countless times since the 1.0 launch. Plot what you anticipate using or ‘feel griefed’ about people plotting in the builds.

It’s not going to change, devs have made that amply clear with repeated comments.

2 Likes

That would literally be theft of services. You are literally denying me access to a service I paid for. Ignoring your complete lack of ethics it will never happen because of the legal issues for the devs.

Again I can not make this any clearer. You are proposing literal theft.

Ok…you dont own anything the game, devs can clear everyones inventory, take away blocks if they want. You pay for not needing to fuel and speak in colour and emoji’s. Devs own everything. Which is stated in every games EULA.

3 Likes

It is one thing for the developers to take action if player is griefing according to the CoC. It is another for a player to be able to take away your plots because they do not like what you have or have not done with them. There is nothing in the CoC that says a player has to use the plots they claim or follow a theme or not use a particular material in their build if the “settlement rules” prohibit it. Until that changes, it is just the way the game is played.

As has been stated quite often, currently you have to plot everything you may want or you cannot expect other players to not claim those plots. Maybe if they put in the protection zones that were discussed, it would help somewhat with the issue you are having.

2 Likes

Following your logic guilds in subscription-based mmos shouldn’t be allowed to kick inactive members because they paid for it. It’s true that they payed to play the game, but they didn’t pay to play in this specific guild.
Same with gleam club, it’s a general service, you don’t pay to be part of a specific village.
You pay for the access to the service not for a very specific application of it.

Exactly. The devs own my plots. You do not. The devs can revoke people’s gleam club. You cannot.

This is not a power that can ever leave the dev’s hand.

The whole idea is nonsensically unethical and the legal headache would crush a developer so this will never happen.

3 Likes

Hmm, I own clubs in other MMOs…two are subscription-based games that have several forms of currency in-game. One I did spend irl $$$ to build a club & I kick people out for being toxic. It doesn’t effect their gameplay because they can go join another free club that someone else built/paid for or build their own.

In BL, I can pay irl $$ for cubits to specifically get plots to make a place. So for some…I think it is like they directly paid for it. Until BL introduces guilds & depending upon how they work, and more forms of currency, plots are all people have. I don’t think another player should be able to remove a fueled beacon regardless of location. If it was malicious placement, the devs can decide to remove it. Otherwise, it should stay.

1 Like

I think you’re looking at this all wrong. The OP is saying that the plots are ‘Empty’. Nothing built on them. If the warden has power to remove empty plots after a period of time with no activity, the plots are removed from the site and returned to the owning player. The very same as if I were to remove my own plots, the plots are returned to me. Plus, since there was nothing built in the first place, the player loses nothing. They simply have find somewhere else to build by reusing their returned plots.

This is not stealing as the player has had the plots returned to their remaining plot count. And no one is saying anything about revoking a player’s Gleam Club membership.

1 Like

Apples and oranges but you’re getting closer.

Guild membership is not garunteed nor granted by the dev nor is it an extra service explicitly paid for. Your example is akin to plot permissions.

With gleam club I am paying for the service of plots not expiring. It’s not ethical for a player to be able to arbitrarily revoke my service when they are not party to the agreement.

1 Like