Increase Places Saved Locations

Hi there…

I know this was talked about in another thread about adding notes, but I didn’t see an official request to increase the number of locations from the 32 current max.

I am aware that you can save the location and delete it. But that only makes sense maybe in a situation where you are trying to store locations. It makes no sense in game play like daily travel, exploration, mining, etc.

When you take into account just trying to save a portal hub on each planet (so you can get back after exploring) you’ve already burned through 12 (and I shouldn’t be required to delete that hub and add it again before I go exploring). Then you try to save a few other spots for various things and maybe a town or two and you are maxed.

Clearly as the game has more places and people and things to do this limit will be an issue. So hopefully people support having it changed.

It would be nice to hear from @james or the other devs on why 32 was decided as the max. If it is a technical limitation or something that a database can’t handle the count, then it’d be nice to know. If it was just a matter of someone just typing in 32 instead of 64, 128, 256, 512… then please have them change the number. If it is something as simple as a number there shouldn’t be a reason we could just change it sooner than later since it affects game play currently.

9 Likes

For an update on why I really wish this was fixed and more given is I just joined that mining party this sunday and was stuck in Andooweem. I have absolutely no bookmarks I could use and it was going to cost 500c to jump home. For some I know that isn’t much but for a beginner it was. If I would have had more bookmarks I would have had at least SWProzee’s hub saved and could have jumped to that. Also I don’t have ability to jump far from the sanctum… so I was stuck lol.

Luckily I had a friend in the area and for 300c I was able to jump. With help I was able to get to a portal… otherwise I would have been pretty stuck…

So while I do understand the devs might not see the count as important… In this case bookmarks shouldn’t limit or strand people in areas when they are trying to participate in the community.

Anyway I wanted to give a real world example why more would help… I delete almost everything and just use critical BM but still it hurts as you start visiting planets.

1 Like