Individual reel controls for grapple

I really like that you can dual wield the grapples but it would be even better if you could choose to only reel one of them in or out at the time if you wanted. One way of doing it would be to reuse the quick use modifiers for right and left hand.

1 Like

What would be the point? How would you use that?

1 Like

Sideways movement is one example, there are probably more.

hanging over lava to catch a corpse of a dead foe to pull him into reach … true, there are some rare uses for it.

1 Like

Even then, the controls switch to the most recent one you fire, so most things work anyways…

2 Likes

Did not know that, but manual control would still be nice :slight_smile:

I think I’m right about that… I hope I’m right, it would make more sense that way. My worry with adding those manual controls is that its just more keys taken up, and for console users it just wouldn’t be feasible

1 Like

That’s why my suggestion was to use the same keys as used to switch the tool in just one hand (combined with the reel, unreel buttons, that is lctrl and alt on the pc by default)

1 Like

Edit: I think I confused myself again, ignore me

1 Like

Don’t know about the codebase for the game, but using the modifier for more than one input is not a complex concept :slight_smile: If you hold the modifier and scroll (or use some other action to switch) switch, if you press the reel button reel…