Ingeous brick texture

I know it probably isnt high on the todo list but would it be possible to fix the let’s say igneous brick texture when it’s Beveld? as no matter what way you place blocks the beveld part on the left will always have messed up textures that does not align with the rest of the beveld block?

5 Likes

it does u just need to place the corner ones in correct position. it is hard but its duable

i’ve tried up, down, left, right, straight and backwards, there is no more positions :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Stick to making gardens, @SilberB :joy:

That’s Nax’s job :L i just farm and farm and farm, so i decided to try something else.

but kinda being ruined by the textures :frowning:

1 Like

So far i’ve done testing with every single direction possible, and with beveld, square and sloped, also done with refined igneous to check and refined igneous and bricks has the same issue with the texture being “divided” on the left side of a Beveld block, but with Sloped corners they are fine.

It would be hard for the devs to implement a fix for this. Because they would have to overhaul the entire chiseling system and the blocks as well. This goes for EVERY block so it would be a huge job to implement design/texture fixes. But Yeah, you’re right, it is annoying. I’ve just decided to deal with it rather than worrying about it. Maybe at some point they’ll do it but I doubt it’s on their priority list.

1 Like

Theorectically only the Texture files themselves would need a rework, but then again i dont know how they have implemented the textures in this game.

2 Likes

Yeah, far be it from me to tell them how to do their job, but I’ll armchair quarterback this and suggest flipping the texture file 90°

2 Likes

You never know. Maybe the coding for textures are embedded in block coding. I wouldn’t know, its just a guess because I don’t currently know the coding of this game. Just a thought.

2 Likes

@Steggs101 Do you know if the textures are hard coded or added as a mesh file later on? out of curiousity

You never did come by to check my place out! Where ya been bud? @SilberB good thing you brought it up tho, will definitely need some attention from the devs at some point. The building in this game is smooth, but the blocks and designs itself needs to be polished a bit more.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no valid excuse, other than being forgetful. You online now? If so I’ll make my way.

1 Like

I will be on later tonight after work. 5:30 Eastern time. :ok_hand: @SilberB you can come too if you would like!

2 Likes

I’ll have to come by later sometime as im leaving for work soon (grave shift)

I don’t think it’s that simple as any kind of flipping/rotation, sadly. I’m not great at explaining things (or using paint), but here goes:

On the left is a normal corner, on the right the bevel. I’ve drawn the lighter lines to show that a single block’s visuals can be viewed as in two halves, where the right half of one continues in the left half of the other and the left half on one continues gracefully into the right half of the next.

But with the bevel, you have two 1’s next to each other. You can’t swap out the middle 1 because then you’d have two 2’s together.

You can’t replace the first one (on the bevelled block) with a 2, because then it wouldn’t look right as soon as it was next to another block, or if it protruded so that you could see the behind-face.

You can’t flip the first one, because while the two edges between the 1’s would now match up, the far edge would no longer match up with the 2 that it’s next to.

A solution could be to have block surfaces contain have a repeating pattern so that whether it was one block or half, it will match up. However that would emphasis that there are repeating patterns.

Another solution would be to have a 3rd section that could bridge the parts 1 and 2 and look good, but that’s extra texture and a lot more artist effort.

And even if there was a manual solution like that, you’d have to throw it out the window as soon as you consider chiselling other parts of the block, like precise bevel corners.

I don’t like to admit it, but I don’t see this ever being ‘fixed’, because it’s just not feasible.

2 Likes

You should look at this thread… there was a lot of discussion about the possible things around textures, etc…

1 Like

Thanks for the information @Marrash - I do hope you’re wrong about it being fixed, even though it isn’t a deal breaker for me, just something mildly annoying that sometimes makes me choose different blocks.

2 Likes

I don’t often hope I’m wrong, but about this… I’m totally with you.

2 Likes

The thread I posted should help a lot if I remember enough because it contained developer feedback.

For ones that cannot fix I try to minimize the exposure or put stuff in front of it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes