Initial beacon placement

Hey all. So I’m finally getting to redoing my base. I intend to test on a creative planet and then translate it to a home world.

Before I begin all this I’m wanting to incorporate mesh limits etc. in the building process. Is there a post or some reference about mesh limits and how to find the where the chunks meet?

I’m also curious about placing the initial beacon. When you place a beacon, how does that initial plot anchor around the beacon? I get that a plot is a 8x8x8 cube, but where in that cube does the beacon sit?

Thanks.

This thread has details

2 Likes

Thanks for this link. Do you know about how the beacon works? Like when you place a beacon is that the corner of the plot, and is that plot level with the ground or does it go under. Thanks.

Beacon placement only really determines where you go to change beacon settings & collect footfall, and is easily moved.

Thanks. So the initial beacon can be moved and doesn’t have to do with how all your plots are connected?

I move my master beacon constantly. It’s as simple as going in the new beacon and setting it as the master

2 Likes

The beacon can be set anywhere within the 8x8 plot so long as it Initially has a block to set it on (blocks can be removed afterwards if you want it floating). To move your beacon, simply put a new one down anywhere in any connected plot and set that as the master beacon then you can break the old one.

2 Likes

Hey again. I still have questions about the initial beacon.

When you plop a beacon down. Does its placement mark the 8x8x8 cube or does the 8x8x8 cube already exist and the beacon just tags or locks in the 8x8x8 cube that the beacon resides in?

I apologize and I might create a new topic if I figure how to word my question more clear.

Thanks

the cubes all exist, the beacon just grabs the one you place it in.

1 Like

Ah. Thank you! I’ve started a new build and I’m mapping out the mesh chunks. That just clears up my understanding. Thanks again.

1 Like

Yup the 2x2 plot chunks exist already

1 Like