How do i find the intersection between 4 chunks on ps4?

I have a build in mind that requires a fair bit of mesh, so id like to find the intersection between 4 chunks to use as the center of my build, so i can divide up my mesh as much as possible. How do i find this on ps4? Is it even possible?

1 Like

Not sure you can on PS4. I am sure someone on PC would come mark the location for you… I would If my connection was stable enough, but it is not.

Dont think so on ps4. Someone on pc may be able to find it for you with the debug menu

My brother and I find chunks by using a single plot and filling it with storage blocks. 1 plot holds 512 blocks which is the mesh limit and then we check the surrounding plots for the ability to add an additional mesh.

Lots of work but a semi doable workaround for ps4.

7 Likes

Check the coordinates in the Places menu. If both coordinates are dividable by 16 you’re at a corner of a chunk :wink:

(or if one is you’re at the border of one side of course)

10 Likes

Works with spiders and they’re easier to remove afterward, 1 hit :wink:

1 Like

I never thought of that!

1 Like

a chunk is a 4x4 bit of land from alt 0 to max alt

4x4 as in plots

1 Like

Actually it is 2x2 plots.

1 Like

Or 16 blocks by 16 blocks :joy:

1 Like

Its a fair bit of trail and error but you can find it by plotting 12 (6 to go up if you need.

Start ploping down mesh in a corner plot till you get the warning mesh count move on to the next plop down til you either get 1 or second warning. And move on to the next.

Tedious i know but thats one way to find it on ps4.

Plants are mesh to so you could do soil-plants-soil-plants (I don’t know if resource free plants count to mesh) and on till you hit the mesh count.
Plus easy to clean up (just wack away the soil).

Why do difficult things when this works???

Exactly :joy:

Coordinates are for the blocks, 0, 0 is start of a chunk, 0,16 0,32 0,48 etc. etc. are all chunk borders… if one of the coords (or both) can be divided by 16 cleanly you are at a chunk border…

7 Likes

I didn’t know that^^

Lol you even had to say it twice…hahaha

2 Likes

The dividing by 16 did the trick!

3 Likes

A little while later😉

So if I plotted an area 2x2 and the both corners diagonally can be divided by 16 to a round number (no , ). Does that mean i have plotted a chunk?

I’m not exactly sure what you mean…

If the outside corners of the 2x2 area is a nice round number when divided by 16 then you got a chunk.

ment inside the plots.

If i am in the 2x2 plots.

Top right plot in the top right corner and the bottom left plot bottom left corner.

Both cord divided by 16 are round.

Does that mean i have plotted a chunk?

The reason i ask if I would take the 2x2 plots next to those plots i cant those numbers. Or i am doing something wrong.

Btw srr to bother you with this @AeneaGames :wink: