Introducing the Megaton and Gigaton Hammers - One hit ores and rocks with an aoe hammer on T6 worlds

The slavedrivers of old forced you to click two times just to extract natures riches. Rock gave way while untold ore remained left behind when it should have gone in your pocket instead.

Through countless hours of research and development, our forgemasters have discovered a new way to mine. Long ago, it was determined that every once in awhile a hammer would give a stupendous, noticeably stronger impulse. Through careful engineering this random surge was made consistent and put to use to achieve levels of damage never before used for mining.

Aptly named the Megaton Hammer, this new and innovative product can be yours for a mere 20,000c from The Golden Fist shop on Imdaari (Accessible from the Ultima aqua hub and the Portal Seekers Gravidias Te hub). To use this magnificent tool, you will need to be in good shape and eat lots of lean meat cooked into a pie. It will also require you to drink a mixture of blood and gunpowder to reach the levels of strength necessary for this tremendous task. (We sell those as well).

Finally, to crank up the speed of the megaton hammer, our forgemasters have infused mysterious forces. The Gigaton Hammer has everything the megaton hammer does, and healthy users will see substantial speed increase. It can be yours for 25,000c. As an aside to customers, we will note that the scribes incorrectly describe the item as having -10 action speed, when in fact it is actually +10. Rest assured, we have tested and the speed is there.

Mine faster and easier. No more stopping to pick up ore!!!

6 Likes

The real question is: Can it 1-hit gravel to get that â– â– â– â–  out of our way??? :smile:

8 Likes

The real question is: whats so special about these hammers that makes them twice as expensive as other AoE hammers?

Even perfectly forged hammers usually go for 10k, maybe 12k max

2 Likes

My personal experience is that I don’t generally hit common ores, ancient tech or fossils when mining for gems. This could break a lot of them up for you, making your mining trips a bit more profitable. I have no idea how much those extra materials are worth though.

1 Like

Whats so special about these hammers I hear you say? Summoning mysterious forces and harnessing the power and knowledge of the ancients… Not special? :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

It has my signature

1 Like

The hammers you are referring to are not perfect since there is something better. We sell the kind you are talk about as well. But, the megaton and gigaton hammers are difficult to forge and require significantly more time and ingredients.

Do you have a screenshot of the hammers for sale?
Stat wise?

Here is the megaton version:

And the gigaton version:

1 Like

I would argue the definition of “better”

One might see a hammer without added durability as worse.

Same for for one without busy bee.

I can see however why they are considered harder to make - instead of trying to get longevity or busy bee - which is essentially a gaunteed boon, you aimed instead for critical chance, which has a 1 in 2 chance of occurring, as well as the Action Speed quick, which was pure RNG (so good job on that!).

As to if this added RNG is worth an extra 15k? Personally, id rather just buy 2 hammers with busy bee, aoe and damage (which id argue is faster, even when taking two hits to break gravel), but that’s just me.

7 Likes

The higher damage will be worthwhile when T7 planets come along, I guess.
Until then though, I’ll stick with paying 9k for a one hit aoe hammer with 1800 Dura or +40 speed and no annoying quirks.

(Sorry to P on your parade!)

3 Likes

Nice lore though. Just not 16k extra nice!!

Nice story, and I’m sure there’s buyers out there but honestly i’d expect alittle better stats for price point… since it is posted on the forums I’m assuming you’re looking for honest feedback.

Can you recoup 25k with default durability right now?

Could you please show me the hammers that are better then the ones being sold for say 9999c at a shop I know well?

Huh, so 3x3, dmg lvl 9/10 and critical chance lvl 8/9???

AND with quirks?

And you said they are better?

I much prefer this:

Or one with durability instead of action speed…

And… no quirks, no defects…

and only costing 9999c…

5 Likes

Yeah I also will disagree. Especially when for 20k or especially 25k I can get two hammers and get more gems per durability. Plus at 25k I’ll have leftover monies after buying 2 hammers from current forgeries.

1 Like

I posted this on the forums to see honest feedback about what people thought of this item, and whether they would consider trying this mining tactic of using a hammer which one hits ores as well as rocks understanding the drawbacks. The main comments I see are concern about speed, durability and price.

Some amount of both speed and durability are made up for by power. If you do with one swing what normally takes two that is 1 less point loss of durability, and it essentially counts as double speed. Additionally, you need something to spread the aoe. Having rocks give way while ore remains forces you to hit smaller patches which means your 3x3 hammer does not actually hit 9 blocks. It forces you to spend time to clean ores up or leave them behind. Much time is saved by breaking the ore with 1 swing.

As an example, we’ve done a lot of group mining where one person goes in the front on max speed with an aoe hammer and tunnels whilst the others mine what gets exposed. The right ratio is about 3 people collecting ore to 1 tunneler. And so the cleanup is the most time-consuming part. These hammers which mine efficiently and clean out whatever ores you hit may be faster than the traditional method. In most things I have observed in this game, whether mining, crafting, or forging, the time is the biggest cost, and so whether you can mine faster is the main question.

As for the price, at present this forging requires both more ingredients, more rounds, and more attempts than when making the typical T6 hammers, and the are made in smaller batches. I may be able to come up with a new recipe to reduce the price somewhat but IMO that is secondary to seeing if people would use the item in the first place or consider it an enjoyable way to mine.

On a final note, the quirks shown in the image, “Random Noises”, “That Sinking Feeling”, and “Aggravated Attacks” are all benign on a hammer. Some quirks are even generally good such as the quirk used to add action speed to the gigaton hammer. Don’t fear quirks, learn to use them.

3 Likes

You mentioned having to double hit pres with aoe hammer I expose the ores and just use my off hand wayfaring totem to finish the ores off. So for me that’s how I do it.

Edit: I should also mention I’m not in a hurry when I mine.

I think you made some sweet hammers. gg

3 Likes

I always envy people who can use
forge right way.
good job

1 Like