Is anybody buying/using blink items?

I may forge Blink Healing bombs, I’ll be able to heal the whole hunt with one throw :grin:

1 Like

Didn’t think there would be t8

This is actually thought inspiring. Those are some pricey heals :smiley:

As far as I know it’s coming and you’re going to need atmosphere protection buffs.

That means they hardly need to dial anything up for difficulty because your food slot will be used - unless they surprise us with some huge changes.

1 Like

Couldn’t find more specific post. Better info exists somewhere in the forums but could only find this in limited time I had. Back to work now.

1 Like

Here’s an official reference to “7+”

I thought it was in the release notes but there’s a description somewhere that includes levels 3 - 8 and also discussions of the required protection.

1 Like

How wouldn’t Diamond 3x3 still be better than Rift 3x3?

I am definitely not the one balancing this boat. It does look like the blocks will be harder. I don’t know if it means diamonds will be unable to 1-hit. But with the energy requirements (and of course the cost) they may still provide a better overall value.

While I was looking at that data though i realized that this May be testable, when we have a t7 again. I was on Vandar when it turned into a t8 (and 9, and 10) but I didn’t think to test whether or not the blocks actually got harder to break.

Questions that lead to more questions …

1 Like

With no requests, the slingbow will be going out next.

EDIT:

Shouldn’t be too hard to spot since the pic makes one thing obvious.

I made a mass craft of hammers to use as single block seam busters.

Not gonna forge em and I like the diamond like values on a swift hammer.

They have their uses however I don’t see them being very popular

1 Like

I haven’t bought any of the new gems. I’ve only made slings and grapples for the next t7 planet. Tools to me have seemed pointless when older cheaper gem cost less and easier to forge. But the rift sling on blink worlds would be worth it. Tools to me just seem a waste when most the older cheaper gems exceed the mark for everything

1 Like

Did you mine them to make the tools? I mean it only makes sense but yeah, after having had the chance to mine them I’m not interested in buying more really either. I don’t forge or sell too much equipment though so I guess that’s normal.

I only have 1 rift slingbow myself.

They do, the pfiffel’s damage calculator has T8 in it so you can simulate how it affects the hit count.

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/#1,16,4,7,9,1,5,1,0,0,0,0,9,0

@MrNiX Do you have a ballpark how much more resources forging them needs? Like is it 1.2x or 5x.

lol you caught me being lazy, I used pfiffel’s site to confirm t8 values existed but didn’t bother to run the calc.

I guess it would be almost zero server cost but while I was playing with the atmosphere levels i never thought about the rocks actually getting harder around me. For some reason in the middle of everything else going on that sort of strikes me as freaky.

It looks like a mega strength will allow a full spec miner to 1 hit t8 rocks with a level 8 damage boon. If I’m doing it right.

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/#1,0,4,8,9,1,5,1,5,0,0,0,9,0

I just want to add that while I know this thread probably has a limited audience by now, people aren’t exactly rushing to buy this stuff at 5400c unforged either.

This is all leading towards one inescapable conclusion about the intended/balanced market value of these gems/stones/whatever really.

To be honest, the chrysominter is a new thing and while I’d like to point out that on vandar, at least, you could hardly avoid getting showered in gold and silver, there’s not a lot of actual demand at the moment. But the chrysominter is here now and the devs were literally throwing coin at us in massive amounts here.

I decided to turn mine into bonding agents. I’ve bought SO MUCH mantle and bone. But that’s a personal choice and I wasn’t looking for these I took them as I found them. But I will say that between what i mined on vandar and the amazing density in sedimentary layers on ord trian, I definitely handled around a quarter million coin worth of fossils last week.

CHRYSOMINTER coins no need to even discuss market or demand.

And i can tell you 100% for sure that many people were passing these up like trash. Even after multiple threads to raise awareness to the fact that they have become one of the most profitable loots of any mining right now.

But anyone who was attentive can afford to sell these gems in a price range where they have some utility, even though that might wreck those that rushed out and did nothing but bore straight for the special ore passing up everything else with limited time.

It’s a bit to think about.

I do know who bought the hammer and the shovel at 5400c (or tax free equivalent). If I’m not around and one of you comes for the slingbow that’s in that pic before anyone else bothers, snap a screencap of yourself buying it and I’ll throw in the axe for 2500c.

I think that depends on what method you were using before. But its expensive. Theres no doubt that price efficiency is with gem tools and/or NOT perfectly forged tools. Getting those last boon levels is costly and doesn’t add any more than the lesser levels. If your comparing perfect lucent stuff to perfect gem (assuming Crete’s method), id say right in the middle of those values. If were talking about 0 defect lucent with boons around 5-7 ill get back to you.

And the bow is gone.

Didn’t see the buyer, if I don’t get a request from one of the earlier buyers I’ll put out the axe somewhere else on my build here in about an hour to an hour and a half before i go to bed.

I decided to auction the grapples.

That was me again! ty!

1 Like

LOL did you take a pic to claim the axe?

Not that I doubt you though honestly. If you want it for 2500 come get it. I’m here to trade.

All right all of the blink tools and gear I crafted are gone except the grapples for the auction. Thanks to the folks that came by I hope you get good use from the tools.

For now I’ll still make the refined blink available in sets of 3 for 3000c each. I probably won’t craft anything else for sale until after the grapple auctions. I almost removed the grapples from my shop stand but if they sell for 10k each before the auction ends I’ll craft another pair for the winner :joy:

I’m definitely still interested in hearing about what price point people really think these items become desirable. For the most part though it seems it’s going to depend on what sort of costs get sorted out for forging them.

@Mayumichi

We’re going to be putting just a few forged slingbows up for sale at The Golden Fist shop. This is a significantly more expensive endeavor though, Maybe x3 more resources if not more then that.

We’re not going for maxing everything, but at least getting the damage at a significant boost.

I think the efficiency requires a significant more amount of resources.