Is boundless going to be subcribition based

well just asking cause I do not like games where you have to pay every month

2 Likes

Game will be buy-to-play. Once you own the game, you own it all. No subscription to play.

7 Likes

Additional services such as server hosting may required monthly payments. This is an optional service that in no way will impact your ability to play the game.

6 Likes

Yes, more games could do that. Like Planetside 2, there is honestly very little a membership buys you since it’s not p2win. But you could have pay for private play, pay for snap-map.

But I think pay for extra is fine. Private servers you have to pay for are a good idea, for a reasonable price. It means the servers will be updated and maintained by the designers of the game, who get the money from it.

My question is, will there be a single player option?

Outside of hosting a server that is cut-off from the official servers (private, whitelisted, etc.), there will not be. The official game is multiplayer as the social aspect is a core feature of the game the devs have (and are) heavily focused on.

Slightly puzzling. Is it difficult to make a single player mode akin to Minecraft or is it simply not what the devs want?

It shouldn’t be difficult to make the game itself singleplayer but you’d lose a lot of features like the trading, quests etc. Because everything is player based without any NPCs.
If you’d want to keep the game practically the same you’d have to program the whole MM part of MMO with NPCs.

1 Like

An alternate free-roam god mode akin to alpha creative would be viable as a single player mode. Totally different game play, but would satisfy many wants and needs.

1 Like

Personally, there were many times I would test things, traps, machines, and/or experiment with various game mechanics; especially after updates. It let me do this without expending resources or killing myself on the server.

1 Like