Is development on hiatus? Plus garden paws šŸ˜

If time = money, ill get a bit more gleam clubā€¦ Hope your taking enough time for yourselves to!

3 Likes

Well, I suppose maintenance mode is better than sunsetting the game. Iā€™m not sure at the moment what my future with Boundless holds but wow whatta game. Creativity is nurtured here below the prettiest night sky Iā€™ve ever seen.

6 Likes

Itā€™s good to hear a response from James. Iā€™m taking that as a good sign that the game isnā€™t going away.

3 Likes

No, he literally said that theyā€™re struggling to find time to work on it. He didnā€™t say that it wasnā€™t being worked on. Just that the pace is seriously slowed down.

You can easily guess that the slowed pace is linked to BG3. At this point, itā€™s still speculation, but itā€™s also so obvious, denying it is just putting your head in the sand.

But credit where credit is due, it does seem that even if update 249 releases, we wonā€™t see anything else for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG while after (which worries me because nothing about 249 makes me wanna come back to play), and the whole idea of ā€œMaintenance Modeā€ is pretty much confirmed.

8 Likes

I think itā€™s more that their plate is full with bg3 working overtime.

Appreciate the update James. Good to know the lights will stay on. And congrats as always on bg3, itā€™s super exciting for you guys, and you all deserve it.

4 Likes

Will I return with swords and shields? I honestly donā€™t think so. For me, the most annoying thing about this whole situation is not that the update is taking too long, it is the lack of respect that the developer is having with us, by not communicating with their customers at all. Not even when they had decided that there would be no Gleambow event. Not having the event that I look forward to the most every year is sad, not having explanations about it is displease.

2 Likes

But doesnā€™t a comment like this make you one of the jokers too? Following this analogy, arenā€™t you the kid who is sat in the back, deliberately poking and antagonising the other kid, making their screaming and kicking the back of the chair worse?

When the forum here is bad, itā€™s because thereā€™s such a massive divide in some heavily partisan opinions (which gets worse when there is little to no factual information available to inform those opinions). Fuelling the negativity and attacking ā€œthe other sideā€, whichever side that is, doesnā€™t help anyone or make the forums a better place at all. Unless we can find some level of understanding and acceptance for each other, the forum will continue to be the ā€œjokeā€ that you view it as.

Iā€™ve been a critic of the lack of communication, but as far as Iā€™m concerned itā€™s great that weā€™ve heard something, even though itā€™s something that doesnā€™t answer many questions. At least we know that there are still issues and not to expect anything in the near future, which is far better than not even knowing whether there were still plans for Boundless to even have a future. Itā€™s much appreciated.

6 Likes

No. Iā€™m leaving it at no.

6 Likes

Guilty as charged. :wave:

8 Likes

301efeb0e760153982bd5280bcb85d53

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

I see Jamesā€™ post as a positive for the people who still play the game, as they love it for what it is.

For most who have left itā€™s probably a negative, as they left due to lack of updates and new things to do.

Long bit- skip to end if you like

My feelings (warning an opinion follows- this may cause more whinging, as with all opinions) are that the game isnā€™t going to see an update until after the Larian work is finished, if you havenā€™t had time in more than six months you wonā€™t get any soon, unless a change is made to staffing or time use- which I canā€™t see any benefit to James to do. I do think James was either told to do something about it by larian or, maybe just maybe he felt bad and this brought it to his attention because he has been that busy - although any time he logs in to forums he would see the worry soooo maybe not.
With all that being said, Iā€™m actually happy at the news. I always found updates to have only a few things I actually wanted and the game at its core was the thing I loved.

Summary:

I stopped because I simply didnā€™t see the game being maintained or kept going due to the lack of input. That fear has been ended by James responding. Might have to dust off the PS5 nowā€¦ā€¦

5 Likes

Though there is one thing that I forgot to ask earlier. Since the game is in maintenance mode, does that mean that the usual events are on hiatus as well?
I noticed there was not a spring Gleambow event. Does that mean that Hallowoort and Oortmas, as well as the fall Gleambow event are not going to be forthcoming?

4 Likes

If they do happen, it will need to be via an interim release, as the dates are all hard-coded as far as I am aware. Iā€™m hoping that adding these may at least be possible if the release of 249 doesnā€™t come about for a while.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s your opinion, Manneus.

4 Likes

Oh snap you got me withā€¦italicā€¦:rofl:

1 Like

Have you tried bold

orā€¦how about both

:exploding_head: