Is Farming pointless?

I was just wondering if there is way to make some kind of money from it? Or just a reason for having your own crops as i have some of nearly all the crops but i can never find a reason to harvest them.

Farm kindling shreds and combustion.

Regards,

4 Likes

Depends really, for example if you make food to sell then you don’t have to gather the items you can farm.
Also things like flour rice and oats easier to get good quantity by farming rather than gathering.

In organics can definitely make you money, kindling and combustion as you can direct sell or make concrete or super fuels etc

3 Likes

Farming gives a small replacement of certain ingredients while cooking … like Oats that can be used to make milk in stead of going on hunts to gather the glands … and what Envy said.

I have a wee small farm that I use to craft some pies here and there.
But if you want to make money on a farm I would indeed go for combustion and Kindling …

1 Like

Farming is useful
Kindling and combustion as said

Also you can grow seeds to sell to other people who want to try farming. There’s not a lot of seed stores.

3 Likes

goo farming is a whole thing (mutations, the fact that it isn’t sustainable). selling sprays is not as profitable as it used to be, but they can be useful

1 Like

Im still waiting for a AoE tiller…

2 Likes

Make an aoe stone axe they work great they have low damage and if you forge with no damage its like an aoe tiller

4 Likes

for harvesting yes, for tilling sadly no :frowning:

3 Likes

Farming wheat and starberry is useful for making pies :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I farm everything except goo. I used to be all over it but once you fill a storage container with everything it kind of looses it appeal for me. The combustion & kindling I still keep up with though.

If they ever come out with farming beans I will plant the S*** out of them.

3 Likes

I find farming a chore, but the crops can be useful. Having to replant crops is an unnecessary grind, in my opinion. If there had been some crops which were on vines so they didn’t require replanting it would be better. Also, trying to maintain seed numbers and get a yield that is worth the effort for kindling and combustion is another bone of contention for me.

2 Likes

Have spent millions on other peoples farming efforts. Did try farming myself but doing it at scale is quite time consuming and very tedious.

2 Likes

I harvest heaps of purple yams for persisting pies, green berries for longevity pies, starberries, oats, wheat, and rice to make seeds that match the color of the flower added to them to make great-looking decorative plants, kranut for brew oils, and kindling/combustion for faster fuels and concrete, and probably a bunch I’m not remembering at the moment. I already have to spend oodles of time to farm the wilds for orbs and beans and such so I like the high productivity of the farm crops, and I sell seeds once I fill the crop beds and a couple of ss spots in storage with the same seed. It took me a long time to tweak the tedium out of it with stats and such and quadrupling the length of the crop beds so I don’t turn so often. It’s absolutely worth it but getting to where I wasn’t dragging myself through the learning curve seemed to take forever, Great investment & the skills apply to other things too.

Most seeds are worth more to hoard then sell surplus when desperate for coin again than rake in a penny per, some seeds sell for a better price and those are good to sell.

On our farm we sell the seeds quite regularly. I’m at the menagerie coast on Minorengle. Never ran into who buys but they do! People buy up my starberries and a few others. I don t even plant or harvest regular earthyams though til they come up with a few more recipes for them. I have soup for days. No one buysy seeds even though they are almost free. Haha.

1 Like