Is gold and silver considered a base metal?

I’m kind of confused as to what is defined as a base metal.
Both gold and silver require basic tools to obtain and soft coal to smelt, are they not supposed to be considered base metal?
If not and this is intentional, can we for readability purposes change the wording from “Any Base Metal” to “Any common metal” on crafting lantern’s as each metal is clearly labeled on right click as “common”, “uncommon” ect to match the rarity?

They are base metals, but they are used in the Alloys, so they are counted as Alloys for the purpose of the game world.

1 Like

Ok, so the mechanics to use them in recipes is not yet implemented? I don’t want to report a bug if it’s not so much a bug as it is something they are working on.

It could be considered a bug if it’s your interpretation of the text. I would still add it to the list. But, yes, it’s just a wonky mechanics. The rarity doesn’t count for the material.

1 Like

I got a response from someone saying Prome3usExplorer1m SethLarcomb
Gold and silver are “Base alloys” not "Base metals ", you need iron or copper for Base metal recipes. So clearly this can lead to some confusion. :confused:

It depends how far along the throughput they are. As ore they are technically metals. When you combine two metals to make the finished gold silver and titanium bars, they are alloys.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/alloy