Is Mid-game still a problem for new players?

I bought over 100 coils in the last 24 hours. But im totally end game, enjoy gathering, mining and hunting, have multiple shops with unlimited mats, can forge whatever i want, like interacting with other players, and am part of a killer guild… and its awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Pitty not everyone started with that on day one. Guess im just lucky

Can I ask when it was that you quit playing? If it was a while ago, are you even sure the wall is still there?

If you’re also referring to the real early access… pre-launch, pre-early backer 2 week head start launch… pre-forge, then 3x3 hammers were never in the game at that time. The best you could get was a Diamond 3x1

There are currently 750 recipes in the game… only 282 require power. ~89 of those are building materials.

…78% of stats are made up on the spot :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

I promise, really I do, that I will behave myself.

I don’t know how long it has been that you played, but I’m out running around all over the planets. It is so easy to find the shopping area unless a player is intentionally not looking they can’t miss them.

I went to the Ultima hub twice yesterday and twice today already. As you travel down the walkway to get to the planets portals on the right, there is a big sign that say Shopping Hub. You need too go and check it out. There are so many shops and portals directly to them that if you miss them, again, you have to be either blind or ignoring them.

Many will list what they sell or say Market. Can’t miss them. The Organized Mall is a great one to go to, it has signs on all four sides that list what it there, food and brews, critter drops, forged tools and weapons. Crafted items and more can easily be found.

What to visit a mall like the old ones and have some fun, go to the Naughty Mall, sure, there are empty spots, like the Organized Mall, but they are new and filling up. Lot of great items to check out, plenty of things that early to high level players need, and best of all for the new players who need coins, Lots and Lots of request basket where they can sell spicy beans, the different type of leaves, sap, syrup and much more.

And you can’t go who would buy them, I would and do. Sometimes I don’t have time to gather, I even set up some request basket at Nova Golda Market for eyes, fleshy, inky leaves, going to put down sap and syrup along with the basket for trophies and more. Yeah, I will lose some profit, but the other day made over 100k at my shop and I do not have time to run and collect some stuff, and I can get the blood I need for mats, the sap, spicy beans, fleshy leaves, fragments, glands, eyes, sacs, mantles, from players, low, mid and high level who don’t need them but get them on hunts they go to so they can sell those items to buy tools for their building. Plenty of that still going on.

And I would say that this game is a good mix of not just building, but also of economy. You can’t build without tools, you can’t make tools to sell to the builders unless you have the mats, both need pies and other food items and many don’t want to make them. All of those mats for the forging, food, tools, weapons are sold at Shops, Markets, Malls, small shops near portal hubs you can not miss, unless you are blind and close your eyes as you run past them.

The only problem for new players is the pushing them to advance too early, which is my opinion and many may not agree. The only problem, and again, others may not agree is that some recipes are too complex or time consuming. The only problem, and others may not agree is that some of what they need to learn is confusing and needs better explaining.

But, and it is a Huge BUT (emphasis, not shouting) there are plenty of players out running around who are willing to explain, offer a helping hand, assist them in knowing what to do to new players who are NOT on the forums. Did that a couple days ago, gave food, not a big helping hand, but it let him live longer to learn, told him where my base was at, where there was a settlement and a portal close by so he could get help and we love to help new players, so will be welcome.

The portal my son and I put up has instructions on how to get to the PS hub, and from there to the Ultima Hub.

It is my opinion that mid game could be a problem because they are getting tools too early and then are frustrated because they get used to such great tools and quick because they want things too fast.

Most players understand what a MMO is, that it has grind, and I’ve played 7 days to die for two or three years, it is a grindy game that is gated to leveling up. Several I know have bought boundless and quit, Reason. To confusing in the instructions on how to do things, that at least one thing The Fun Pimps got right, giving good instructions on how to do things, what is needed. Plus quests, some nice quests that give you needed items, and lots and lots of modded games that TFPs encourage to be made.

If you are feeling this is game isn’t too much, tell them to go and give that a try, maybe you should try it if you feel this game is a problem game, For me, I’ll stay with BL. And 7 days is both multiplayer and solo, but a lot harder solo.

Just my two cents. Okay, if I insulted someone, sorry, but just feel that most of the problem seems to be that you are stuck in what was in early game that I didn’t have to deal with when I bought the game in Oct. Maybe you need to play the game again as a total new player and see the difference.

■■■■, forgot to mention G. Mall, hubby asked me if I wanted pizza to eat and distracted me. That is also a great mall to shop at, it gives new and mild level players a place to explore, see a Huge variety of items, and some very nice and interesting setup. I run around sometimes just to look and see what has been added, and see the setups. Step inside a few to give footfall to those I know are still selling items and to buy from those who I know are still selling items.

3 Likes

i quit about 4 months ago

and for me the wall was around the forge and the fact that you need gems to get gems( forge coils) more then anything my memory of the old AOE tools may be off(what x by x it was) but when you crafted a gem hammer and it was pre AOE that was a lot better then now where you got to craft the hammer then use the forge and hope to get the outcome you want

just for me the forge is a big turn off but its seems to be a huge part of mid-end game and its almost pure RNG sure you can sometimes nuge the buffs to what you want but that requires even more mats

and sure you dont need AOE tools but it just really feels like you are wasting time without them

so my version of the “gem wall” could be different then what the OP’s is

1 Like

Well, because end game players way more than new players, and end game players can get 2500+ Topaz in one hour, this why you said demand is low. Try to mine with atlas with gold or silver tool and with level 25 character, you will feel their pain for sure. Also Atlas is Boundless’s unique system, i guess some of new players doesn’t know how to use it either. Your point of view is more like end game players, my point of view is base on what i heard from other new player’s experience.

Secondly, lets talk about the minecraft topic, I didn’t say Boundless = Minecraft. But both game are sand box game in the market. I don’t think i know how many players Minecraft have, but i am pretty sure its “a lot” more than Boundless. Its really can’t compare both game because most people know Minecraft, but they never heard Boundless.

This why i suggest Dev learn some concept of how they success. I don’t feel anything wrong about it. I was not asking them to copy everything from minecraft. I just suggest some of their system is easier to understand for majority of beginner. Only one or two similar content or system will not make Boundless become Minecraft. I think its kind of impossible lol.

1 Like

In what game do new players start out with everything that “end-game” players have? None. That would be easy/creative mode. Boring.

I did and I progressed. I never complained or rage quit. I had fun.

The OP compares them & wishes they were more similar:

I agree that there should be more things for beginners.

4 Likes

Lol and two months before that I bought all the forge coils. For 2 forges.

And hadn’t coin for days back then.

Doesn’t mean i have coin for day’s now but the price is now for coils is maybe one third of what it was back then.

Forge is mind boggling. Agreed but if you don’t ask. There isn’t a birdie coming to tell you.

Learned something new about the forge just a few days ago. Because I asked.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I did and gave up. Didn’t complain about it, just build my Exchange shop^^ took me a while but got eventually going.

1 Like

I don’t care to forge much, but I became hooked on those 3x3s. I bribed a friend to start making them for me in exchange for supplies he wanted. Before that I usually bought them from a cool shop in Ultima Finata for $9999. It always took me awhile to make the $$ to buy them, but I was so happy when I could. Fun times.

3 Likes

agreed but all im saying on the fact of the forge is the game needs to give way more info then it des as it stands right now the game barely even gives you a basic idea of how to tackle it.

im not asking for the game to give me a “master” class but with how big the forge is and how much of a impact it makes on gameplay some lesser forum of the starting tutorial should be made for the forge so someone who completes it would feel comfortable using it (at a basic level) without feeling they are tossing mats into a fire

3 Likes

Already said that to in a previous post here😉

1 Like

my bad with all the posts going on here i lost track of what has been sayed

1 Like

No problem it happens😄

You did create this topic didn’t you?
So why is it a problem if you are quoted. As it began with you.

:wink:

8 Likes

I think you dropped your mirror.

You keep tossing out made up numbers, but never have any solid receipts from the devs or the company itself. Your opinions ≠ facts.

I’m not acting like anything. I’m just stating facts. I made stuff. I progressed. I had fun. I am still having fun.

Again, let me hand you your mirror. Hmm, I seriously doubt that anyone thinks Boundless was created for me. It was created for anyone that wants to play it.

It’s a public forum. I referred to your recent similar post because wade44423 mentioned it (as if I was the one wanting MC…I was just pointing out it was in fact you, the OP who said that, not me). I prefer facts & receipts over feelings and drama. If you don’t want it repeated, then don’t post it on a public forum.

I did. He was talking about what you said on your post.

Oh, no. Lots of people playing an MMO together…and forming guilds, trading, and socializing. The horrors!!

We all know what being a solo player means.

OMG that’s awful! Other players trying to help out someone else? We’re all so selfish. Shame on us.

I guess that one’s for me, but I don’t want to be arrogant, so I’ll just wait for you to tell me if I can reply or not.
Or not. It’s a small amount of items & I hope we get a lot more awesome things in the future.

7 Likes

Well, I came here to write the suggestion, not complain lol. To be honest i don’t care how new players will suffer or not. Because i have money and a city (dead T_T) and a nice workshop and a beautiful house. I don’t even care if devs will take my suggestion or not because i don’t earn any profit if they get more players to join the game. However as an Alpha player, it really sad to watch the player base go down monthly and only get better when the free weekend release lol. I do love Boundless, i really do. This why i quit 3 times (each time around 1-2 month, after that i still come back) People care so they write their suggestion here, if not people just quit and never come back. During last December to Feb, I remember we helped around 60 new players, guess how many still in the game now day? 3 only lol. Most of them not leave the city or guild, they quit the game.

You have your fun, and i have my own fun too. But both of our fun won’t help the game get more players because the fact is current game only has peak payers 250± at steam chart, and plus ps4’s players i assume won’t pass 600 player base.
As any kind of MMO this is a very sad number which is the fact you can’t deny it. Or if you think Boundless only deserve this number of player base, then yeah go to hell new players lol.

??? Pretty sure it only took me 20ish hours total from create a character to full power workbench.
Granted, a lot of this game is “if you dont know i wont tell you”. However, not everyone likes the hand holding super indepth tutorial shoved in your face, either. A happy medium is needed. But how do we find it?

1 Like

Which gives me an idea! It’s been said that the sanctum info is stored client side. Meaning it’s saved to your pc/ps4. How big is the sanctum’s alotted space? Is it enough space such that it could be used as a permanent tutorial area? A small farm, a forge, a mountain…signs everywhere with tips and tricks. A reworking of the ingame tutorial to take you through the most basic steps like beacon fueling before picking a location to warp to. Uhhhh more other stuff :grin:

2 Likes

I know it’s bad to rely on a 3rd party resource, but have you tried Forge Simulator [v1.2] ? It’s not a tutorial and on mobile the information about ingredients and boons is minimal, but at least you don’t have to spend materials while trying to figure out how it works :woman_shrugging:

@Bryethewizard Sanctum is static since it’s local, meaning no simulation occurs there. Crops don’t grow, water doesn’t flow, machines can’t function :confused:

2 Likes

But crops could be placed in different stages of their development for “simulation”. Water can exist in both solid and liquid form. Signs Everywhere! As long as one can interact with the machines, they could be set up in such a way to give info about certain processes. Like stop motion. Machine has Glass and copper in it and atlases in the “contents”. If you look at the “recipes” page you see only the recipe for atlases. and in the queue same situation.

Edit: An argument I thought of involves load speed. If there’s too much information in the sanctum it would take longer to load up the game, correct? But not if it’s not part of the load-in part of the sanctum. If they are some distance off and accessible via Warp conduit, then it only has to load when the player wishes to access the information. Of course, it’d be the very first area for tutorial purposes, but then, generally speaking the first time takes the longest to load anyway…